thirty five.

HUNTRESS.
035. | ❛ this ain't bonnie and
clyde.

"How did you even know that was down there?" Crystal said grabbing Leonard's hand which pulled her up from the underground trap door.

"When Rip first recruited us, I made it my business to case every square inch of this tub in the event there was something worth stealing. There wasn't. Let's get out of here." Leonard led the way to the main chair which controlled the ship.

But Crystal came to and immediate halt, "Wait, what about the team?"

"There's nothing more we can do for them."

"You're just gonna leave Mick?"

"If the Time Masters are half as twisted as Mick said, there's an excellent chance Mick is no longer Mick. Now why aren't we flying yet?"

"Because I'm not going anywhere. And even if we wanted to, we're in a hangar surrounded by an entire armada of timeships."

"It's the Waverider. We've got guns. We can blast our way out."

"Last time I recall this isn't Bonnie and Clyde. And I'm not going anywhere without the rest of the team." Crystal put her foot down as the first official fight that the two have ever had.

"Maybe I didn't make myself clear." Leonard held up his gun

"Don't do that. Don't act like you're that same cold-hearted bastard that I first met on that roof. The person I almost tried to kill."

"Yeah, because you seem to have a problem with being a killer. I, however, don't."

Crystal stood flabbergasted before taking up all her courage, "Prove it. Shoot me. If you don't love me and everything we've been through have meant nothing to you, and this engagement ring means nothing at all, then shoot me." She took a step closer each time until the gun was laid directly on her chest.

But as the suspense rises, the phone starts ringing and causing the two to back away from their fight. Crystal goes to pick it up, "Hello?"

"Hello, Ms. Pierce." The robotics voice spoke to her

"Gideon, you're alive."

"If be being "alive" you mean that my operating system is intact, yes, I was able to upload into the latency core to avoid being wiped out when the Time Masters..."

"We can share war stories later. Where the rest of the team?"

"They're in cell block 4587, and they, too, are alive... for the moment."

"What do you mean for the moment?" Crystal asked looking at Leonard.

_______________________

"This is a bad plan." Leonard spoke softly to Crystal, who placed a small metal thing on the ships in the warehouse.

"It's Gideon's."

"You're not helping your argument."

"We need to finish putting these on the ships, and get back to the Waverider." Crystal hurried to the next ship and placed in causing the metal detector to beep to indicate that it was working.

Back on the Waverider, Crystal and Leonard sat on some steps waiting for Gideon.

"Just another moment. I'm almost through." Gideon spoke to them

"Even if this works, we're never gonna be able to fly out off here." Leonard tapped his ring on the stairs, annoying Crystal a bit.

"Well, that's the beauty of having a timeship. We don't have to fly anywhere."

Leonard continued tapping until Crystal almost lost her mind, "Can you stop doing that?"

She yelled at him causing him to hold his hands up to show his defeat as she got up from the floor.

"Why did you start wearing that thing, anyways?"

"It's from the first job I ever pulled off with Mick. A Freeport warehouse."

Crystal overlooked the table, sarcastically smiling, "Oh, you do have a sentimental side."

"It's not a keepsake. It's a reminder."

"Of what?"

"That even the best laid plans can go sideways. Spent a lot of time prepping for that heist. Casing the target. Memorizing shift changes and delivery schedules, and then surprise! Turns out they'd upgraded their security system. We had to bolt. Three weeks of planning and all I have to show for it..." Leonard waved his small finger at her

Crystal took a closer look at the ring,"Was a lousy pinky ring. So sad."

"Considering I'm about to trade my life for nothing, I think I came out ahead."

"Not exactly for nothing because you get to marry me," Crystal waved her ring at him before Gideon spoke

"The Time Drive is back online."

"Strap in." Crystal nodded at Leonard before taking the Captain's chair and moving the acceleration up.
_______________________

Crystal used an invisibility cloak to sneak in. She could see Ray, Rip, Sara, and Stein without Kendra and Mick.

One Time Master was speaking to Rip before Crystal chanted a sleep to cause them to knock out. With the rest of the team that was locked up to look in confusion as to what had happened.

"Somebody order up a rescue?" Crystal asked uncloaking herself with a small smile, and the rest of them sighing in relief.

"Ms. Pierce, your timing is impeccable." Stein smiled at her

"Or not." Ray frowned as Crystal turned around to see Mick in his Chronos outfit, holding a gun out to her.

"Put the gun down, Mick. This ain't you." Crystal held her hands out just in case to protect herself.

"Chronos, fire." A Time Master came in right behind him giving him a command. Crystal kept backing up with Mick coming closer with each step.

"Sure thing." Mick spoke quickly turning the gun away from Crystal and to the Time Master, blowing him away.

"If I recall, I made you a certain promise." Mick says taking off his helmet.

"No, I beg of you. No!" He pleaded before Mick stepped on his head, killing him with Crystal giving him an unsatisfied look.