The Abuse

"Sweetie you're gonna stay with Uncle Philip today" yelled Merle from his bathroom. He walked into my room where i was packing my bag. He was wearing his usual white wife beater, jeans, and combat boots. "Daddy how long will you be gone" i wined "I'll be back before tomorrow's noon" he said " till then you have to stay with Uncle Philip" i just nodded my head. I didn't want to stay with him i want to go with my Daddy. Merle grabbed my bag from my bed slinging it around his shoulder grabbing my hand. We walked down the street to Uncle Philips apartment. Merle knocked on the door. Uncle Philip yanked the door open "what the hell do you want Merle" he yelled pissed. I cowered behind my Daddy's legs. "Oh yeah the kid stays with me tonight" he said still pissed. Merle picked me up and kissed my forehead, gave me a hug, and said "i love you sweetie ill be back tomorrow". When he started to walk away Uncle Philip grabbed my hand and yanked me into the apartment. "Uncle Philip that hurt" I cried. I looked out the window to see my Daddy walking back to the apartment. Thank goodness he forgot to set my bag in the apartment. "Shut up Bitch" yelled uncle Philip as he hit me in the face. "Daddy" I screamed. Merle ran through the open door, gun in hand. Merle saw Uncle Philip rear back to hit me again, the gun went up and it was all over. The man i called Uncle Philip crashed to his knees then face flat on the ground. I tightly shut my eyes. Merle ran over to me making me jump. Instead of Uncle Philips fist crashing into my face again i felt my daddy's strong arms rap around my small shaking body. He lifted me up to his chest. I felt Merle bent his head to my ear to tell me something. Merle whispered fatherly things into my ear like 'Baby girl im so sorry' 'Daddy loves you' 'i wont ever leave you again'. Merle sat on Uncle Philips coach with me in his arms, rocking me as people from the town poured into the house to see what happened. I tried to tell him I love him but nothing came out. I wanted to talk so bad but I couldn't ever muster up a small whisper. Merle examined my face where the man i thought that would never hurt me hit me. He told me we needed to see the doctor and get the hell out of Woodbury. He stood up with me curled up in his arms. He started to shove people out of the way. Walking down the rode i once walked down with Uncle Philip made me start to cry. Merle didn't say a word which i was thankful for he just held me closer to him.

We walked into the Doctors office and Merle yelled at some people. The doctor came into the room to see me curled up leaning on Merles chest. "Merle will you sit over in the chair so i can check on her" asked the doctor "hell no" he yelled in his face "Alright Merle get out of the room" the doctor politely yet a little annoyed said. Merle grabbed his gun from his holster holding aiming at the Doctors head. "I done killed at least a dozen men including the Governor i dont mind killing another even if its a doctor" he said pissed. The man complied to Merle and started to check me. Five minutes later he said "She is in shock, has a broke nose and she will probably have a black eye tomorrow" he said walking out the door. Merle took me back to the house and sat me on the bed. "We are leaving. People know i killed the Governor and sooner or later they are gonna try to kill me" he panicked. He decided we would leave in the morning. Till midnight he would go to different places in Woodbury to get supplies while i sat on the bed. Around eleven I feel asleep. A warm body slipped into the bed beside me causing me to jump and start screaming. Merle grabbed me sitting up and pulled me to his chest, rocking back and forth. "Shhhhh sweetie Daddy's got ya Shhhhh no ones gonna hurt my little girl" he cooed rubbing my back. The crying got so bad I couldn't breathe. Merle got very concerned at this point. He got up with me still in his arms and walked to the bathroom. He reached into the shower and turned on the water and tested it with his hand. He walked into the shower with me clinging to him and clothes still on. He keep me under the warm water to open my airways. Within five minutes my airways were open and my rapid breathing was just a quite sob. "Daddy i wanna go back to bed" i said as we walked out of the shower. "Ok sweetie but first you have to change and do you want to sleep in your bed or with me" he asked. I pointed to him and walked to my room putting on some black sweat pants and one of Merles blue T shirts he rarely wears that goes down past my knees. I jumped into the bed on the side furthest from Merle. "Sweetie whats wrong with you" he asked confused. "Would you ever hit me" i asked him. Instead of answering he just engulfed me in his arms. "Sweetie we have a big day tomorrow so get some sleep. I love you so much baby girl" he added. I laid my head on his bicep and fell asleep.