Wheel chair

I hissed in pain as I stood up out of the hospital bed.
"Well you can stand, that's a good sign!" John commented trying to lighten the mood.
"Yes seems so.." I muttered, Sherlock was watching my every movement from across the room.
"Can you try walking?" The nurse asked. I nodded and began to limp across the room. Pain split through my side but I ignored it, I limped to the wall and back.
"I'm fine." I growled confidently. The nurse looked like she didn't believe me at first but nodded.
"Ok, we'll just need you to sign the release forms." She smiled and left the room. I was tired of staying in this stupid hospital, John was making sure I didn't make an escape like Sherlock. He made sure I got a room with no windows and he made sure someone kept watch at my door everyday. I felt like I was in a prison! I limped out of the room and staggered to the desk. A short red head handed me a pen with a lazy smile and left. I signed signing the paperwork and handing it back, the man returned with a black wheel chair. I stared at it shocked.
"No." I shot a dark glare at him.
"Sorry lady, doctors orders!" The red head grinned. I looked at Sherlock desperately, but he was to busy staring with a half smirk at the wheel chair. I rolled my eyes and growled.
"You'll have to stay in a wheel chair for the rest of this week until you've recovered." He informed me. I let out a long exhale and sat down.
"Looks like you have to wheel me around!" I grinned at Sherlock. His eyes widened.
"What?" He looked a bit shocked.
"I'm suffering in this wheel chair, I'm taking you down with me!" I smirked evilly. He flashed a glare at me and started pushing the wheel chair. We got into a wheel chair friendly taxi and drove back to 221B. I struggled out sitting down in the wheel chair. We entered and stood for a moment staring at the obstacle before us.... Stairs. Sherlock began to force the wheel chair up the stairs. I yelped every time we went up another stair. Once we got to the top I left the wheel chair outside, limping into the room.
"Freedom!" I cheered curling up into my couch.
"Ow..." I never felt how uncomfortable this couch was.
"Eh you can stay in my room tonight, me and Mary are moving in together soon anyways!" John offered, I'd never met his wife but she sounded nice.
"Thanks John!" I smiled, he nodded. I limped to his room and laid down. It was around 9:30 and I didn't sleep well at the hospital for the last little while. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.
~times skip brought to you by John Watsop~
I stretched sitting up letting out a cry of pain, forgetting that I had a bullet wound in my side. I stood up and staggered to the door. I hadn't had any of the pain killers I was supposed to be taking. I dragged myself to the bathroom and vomited, I was still recovering from the surgery. I brushed my mouth clean with a towel and walked to the kitchen grabbing a bowl of oatmeal and  a cup of tea. I ate slowly as I was told to do and took a pill with my tea. A little pain lifted off my side, I let out a sigh of relief and put my dishes in the sink. I wrote a note that I was going to work and walked out, stumbling down the stairs and limping into the street leaving my wheel chair behind. I pushed the door to the Scotland Yard open and went up to my floor. No one seemed to notice my presence, I kept a hand on my side to stop the pain and hobbled to my office. I shut the door behind me resting at my desk. I searched through the cases looking for something to do, out of the corner of my eye I saw Lestrade walk by my office, he stopped dead in his tracks and backed up. Busted...
"Y/N!? WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING HERE!" He roared as soon as he opened the door.
"Sitting at my desk and working." I spoke calmly.
"Get out and go home. You're unwell!" He insisted opening the door gesturing his hand for me to leave.
"I don't have a home. I have a place where I'm rooming with two men I hardly know and a place with a man who wants me dead!" I barked.
"Go back to sherlocks place then, they will let you stay there until your safe to go home." Greg put a hand on my shoulder. I shove it off.
"I don't have a home." I growled before storming out, everyone was staring at me. I hobbled down the street and into the flat. Sherlock and John were screaming at each other, I could hear it from the bottom of the stairs.
'This is the last thing I need' I thought before walking back out the door and into the London streets.
~times skip~
It had been a few hours since I stormed out of my office and I was now sitting in a cafe on the other side of London that I had cabbed to. I sipped on my coffee and watched people walk by. I sat back and took another sip. My phone buzzed once again on the table, Sherlock was calling. I tapped the ignore button. A text popped up.
Where are you!
      - SH
Lestrade said you went to work but got sent home.
     -SH
I didn't reply, I just stared out the window, I don't know if it was the shock of getting shot or what, I just couldn't care less about what happened right now. I stood up and paid for the coffee before walking out the door. My phone was buzzing like crazy now, I know that it was cruel but I didn't care. I kept walking until I heard police sirens behind me, well they found me. Sherlock jumped out of the car and ran towards me grabbing me hand.
"Where were you!" He yelled angrily. I stared carelessly at him.
"Walking.. I heard John and you arguing so I went for a walk.." I spoke with a drowsy slur.
"Are you drunk?!" He cried. I shook my head confused.
"I didn't drink anything..." I mumbled.
"She's not lying.. I don't smell any alcohol in her breath.." John spoke up from beside him.
"Then why is she so dazed.." Sherlock looked me over confused.
"They put me on new pain killers, I might just be adjusting.." I mumbled, my eyes were half closed. I hardly felt myself getting lifted up and put in the police car.
~time skip~
I woke up in johns room again, my side was throbbing. I got up and limped out. Sherlock was sitting at the table.
"I seriously walked across London last night..." I chuckled pouring a cup of tea reaching for my pain killers but Sherlock swatted them away.
"Sherlock!" I shot him a questionable glance.
"You had everyone worried sick about you because of these things. Even me, so don't think that I'll ever let you take them again!" His voice was soft but very stern. I opened my mouth to protest but quickly shut it from the look he gave me, he looked so worried.. I didn't think I'd ever see
Sherlock worried about anything that has to do with another human in my life.
"I'm sorry for scaring you... I was out of my conciseness last night... I'm sorry!" I looked into his eyes, he nodded.
"I don't forgive you. Prove to me that I can trust you. Kiss me." Sherlock stared defiantly at me. I felt heat rise in my cheeks but I didn't move.
"No. I can't.. That would be to weird." I blushed looking away from him. A grin crossed his face.
"Good job, I trust you." Sherlock smiled
"What?" I blinked at him a bit shocked.
"You weren't lying to me, you were honest with me about how you felt about kissing me." He sipped his tea and walked away. I store after him my mouth gaping.
I hadn't noticed the pain in my side was completely gone.. I sat down at the table and stared at the wall pondering what just happened..