(4) I Want To Do Bad Things With You (Boy X Boy)

I Want To Do Bad Things With You

Chapter 4

It was uncomfortable at first. I could tell that he didn’t trust me yet, and I honestly can’t say that I blamed him after all the hell that I’ve put him through. His body was tense and although he probably wanted to get up and run away from me, he couldn’t. He was crying too heavily and eventually gave up struggling and rested his head on my shoulder. It felt strange holding him like that but at the same time I felt relieved, if only for the fact that it might mean that he will forgive me in the future. I was determined to get my friend back no matter what I had to do to get it right. I’ve missed him way too much and I just didn’t want to go on like this anymore. I thought I could just turn my back on him and move on but I was seriously mistaken.

After a few minutes of sitting like that, holding him in my arms, his sobbing started to die down but I didn’t let go. I was scared that once I let go of him he would leave and maybe do something really stupid or never want to talk to me again and I just wasn’t ready for that so I held on to him. He didn’t seem to mind though or maybe he was just so shaken up that he didn’t notice how long we’ve been sitting like that.

It was my mom’s voice that snapped my back to reality and caused me to let go of Jace. Her eyes were swollen read and tears were still running down her cheeks as she made her way over to us with my dad right behind her.

“I’m so sorry Jace, this is all my fault. I never should have gotten her so upset,” my mom stuttered, looking from Jace to me and then back to him. Jace just nodded his head but kept looking down, not bothering to look up at her and face her. Maybe he was angry or maybe he just wasn’t ready to face what was really happening. I’m not sure but whatever it was I was determined to help him through it.

“Mom, we just need to be alone for a while, why don’t you go home and I’ll see you there later, okay?” I asked but it was more of an instruction. I didn’t have the strength to deal with her right now. I know she is sad too, but my dad will take care of her and I was sure that Jace didn’t feel like listening to her apologize right now.

“That’s a good idea and Jace should stay over at ours so that he doesn’t have to be alone,” my dad replied, as he wrapped his arms around my mother and dragged her away from us and down the hall for the second time.

I had no idea what to do once they were gone and Jace really wasn’t making this any easier for me. He was still just sitting there staring at the ground.

“We should go, get you something to eat or drink,” I stated as I pushed myself to my feet.

“No, not yet. I want to see her first,” Jace replied as he stood up beside me.

“I… I don’t know if that is such a good idea,” I stuttered, imagining the sight of her. She was probably all cut up and full of scars and blood. I don’t think seeing his mom like that was a really good idea.

“Why not?” he asked, his face void of any emotion now that he had stopped crying.

“I just don’t think seeing her like that is a good idea. Why don’t we go home and if you still want to see her in the morning I’ll bring you back myself. I’m sure the doctor’s could arrange something,” I suggested, hoping that he would agree.

“Whatever,” he replied, shrugging his shoulders. His voice was cold and the look in his eyes caused a shiver to run down my body. They looked empty except for the hurt that I could so clearly see in them.

“Okay, let’s go then,” I stated as I turned around and started making my way down the hall. I could feel his presence behind me and although he wasn’t talking to me I was grateful that he agreed to come with.

 He followed me to my car and got in without a word. We used to be able to talk so freely but things weren’t the same as before and as much as I wish they was I knew that it was my fault that they weren’t.

Jace’s house in on the way to mine so we had to drive past it. I wasn’t planning on stopping there but as we reached it Jace spoke for the first time since we got in my car.

“You can just drop me off here,” he said, not looking at me.

“No way! You shouldn’t be alone right now. You’re coming home with me,” I half yelled, angry that he would even suggest such a thing. Does he really think that I would leave him alone at a time like this? Probably, considering how bad I’ve treated him in the past.

“You don’t have to worry about me, I’ll be fine, just stop the car,” Jace said, looking up at me, his dark hair hanging over his blue eyes that were eliminated from all the crying.

“No,” I stated stubbornly, refusing to give in.

”Stop the car!” Jace yelled, taking me by surprise but I didn’t stop. I couldn’t let him go through all of this alone.

“Let me out now!” he yelled again as he grabbed a hold of the door and startet opening it causing me to freak out and slam on the brakes. What the hell was he thinking? Has he completely lost his mind?

As soon as the car stopped he jumped out and started walking toward his house which we had passed by now. I got out and ran after him, my heart pounding in my chest from fear and anger.

“What the fuck man!  Do you have a death wish or something? “I shouted at him, unable to control my anger.

“I haven’t really thought about it, but maybe that‘s not such a bad idea,” he stated as he spun around and looked me directly in the eyes. His eyes were filled with so much emotion that they stopped me in my tracks.

“Don’t say things like that,” I said, the thought of him hurting himself bothering me terribly.

“Why not? Who’s going to miss me?” he asked, tauntingly.

“Me,” I replied honestly before even thinking it through. It was the truth and I was tired of lying to myself, him and everybody else.

“That’s bullshit,” he spat, his face twisting with anger.

“No it’s not,” I replied as the lights of a car came flickering around the bend. We were standing in the middle of the road so I started moving to the side but Jace just stayed there, refusing to move.

“Come on man, they’re not stopping!’ I yelled as I grabbed a hold of his arm and forcefully pulled him out of the way just in time.

Jace didn’t say anything, he just stared at me in disbelief before turning around and storming off. My heart was still pounding in my chest but I took off after him, refusing to let him go off on his own. He was obviously not thinking straight and there was no way I was leaving him alone. He might just end up doing something really stupid.