(17) I Want To Do Bad Things With You (boyxboy)

I Want To Do Bad Things With You

Chapter 17

I woke to some sort of beeping noise, it wasn’t my alarm but it was way more annoying, it just kept on and on. Insisting that I open my eyes to see what the hell it was. My eyes felt heavy, I didn’t want to open them, I just wanted to get some more sleep. My body was aching and my head felt like a ten pound hammer was dropped on it. Everything was hazy as I struggled to open my eyes, caught somewhere between sleep and the waking world.

“Drake,” I heard a very familiar and special voice whisper. The voice was filled with concern and love and as soon as he spoke my name all the memories of what happened flashed through my mind.

I told my parents that I wasn’t coming home and then Brian attacked me in the yard. It all happened so fast and then everything turned into nothing.

I tried to open my eyes again, desperate to see Jace, to show him that I am ok. He must be worried sick about me. My eyelids were fighting against me but I wasn’t giving up and finally all my hard work paid off. My eyes opened and although everything was blurry and dark I could clearly make out Jace, leaning over me. I focussed my eyes on him and watched as he simultaneously started crying and smiling.

“Drake,” he breathed in a shaky voice as he leaned forward and pressed his lips against my head.

He didn’t say much more then that but I think it was because he was crying so hard he couldn’t form a proper sentence.

“I… I thought I… lost you,” he finally managed to say as he softly ran his finger down my cheek. His touch was so gentle but somehow still managed to hurt.

“You didn’t, I’m right here,” I said, speaking for the first time. My voice sounded dry and scratchy but I could tell that my words meant a lot to Jace. His eyes lit up through the tears as his arms reached out to hug me but he stopped and pulled away, a strange expression on his face.

“How bad is it?” I asked, realizing that I must look pretty damn awful after taking such a beating and that’s probably why he changed his mind about hugging me.

“It’s… uhm…” he hesitated.

“You can tell me, it’s ok,” I stated, trying to sound calm even though I was freaking out.

“You’ve got two broken ribs, a cracked wrist and a broken leg. You had some internal bleeding but the doctors managed to stop it,” Jace answered, his voice cracking as he spoke.

I tried to lift my head to see how bad the damage really is but a sharp pain stung through my body and I laid my head back down with a moan.

“Don’t do that,” Jace complained, his eye full of worry.

“I just wanted to see. I’m sorry,” I whispered, my body still aching.

“Don’t be silly, you don’t have to apologize,” Jace scowled, shaking his head.

“You’re wrong, I promised I wouldn’t get into any fights and look what happened, I’m so sorry I put you through this,” I said as I lifted my good hand and intertwined my fingers with his.

“It wasn’t your fault,” he whispered as some more tears ran down his face, his eyes red and puffy, letting me know that he’s been doing a lot of crying lately.

“How long have I been here?” I asked, realizing that years could have passed and I wouldn’t even have known. The thought terrified the crap out of me but I had to know.

“Two weeks, the doctors weren’t sure if you were ever going to wake up. They said that we would have to wait and see,” Jace answered, wiping his face with his free hand as he looked away.

Two weeks. Shit! At least it wasn’t years but still, a lot could have happened in that time. Hell, I could have died. I was most worried about Jace though, these two weeks must have been pure torture for him.

“Are you ok?” I asked, squeezing his hand.

“Yeah,” he said, focussing his eyes on me again.

“Good, now stop crying, I hate seeing you sad,” I stated, causing his lips to turn up into a small smile.

Jace just stood there staring at me for a few more second as waves of emotions crossed his face and then finally took a deep breath and loosened his fingers from mine.

“I better go call the doctor,” he said smiling at me sadly before he left.

It only took him a few minutes to return but it felt like forever to me. I’m never going to let him out of my sight again. I just want to hold him in my arm and tell him how much I love him but that was going to have to wait, at least until the doctors left.

There were three of them, one old with grey hair, one young with a pointy nose and glasses and the other a middle aged woman. They all seemed pleased that I was awake but not one of them was very friendly.

They took my vitals, checked all the machines attached to me, wrote down whatever they found on their clipboards while talking to each other in such a way that I couldn’t really understand and then gave me some medication before telling me that they would be back soon.

I know that they were only doing their job but I couldn’t help but feel relieved once they were gone. The only thing I wanted and needed right now was to be alone with Jace.

“Come here,” I said, patting the bed beside me. He looked hesitant but made his way over to me and gently sat down on the bed. He looked absolutely beautiful even though his eyes were puffy and his hair was all messed up, hell he didn’t even have his usual eyeliner on but he still looked perfect to me. The most beautiful creature I have ever laid eye on, inside and out.

“I love you,” I said as I grasped his arm with my good hand and pulled him closer to me. I could tell that he wasn’t sure about touching me and that he was scared that he was going to hurt me but pain was the last thing I was worried about right now. I needed him, I needed to feel him in my arms. I needed to feel safe and he is the only person that can give that to me.

“I love you too, but I don’t want to hurt you,” Jace replied, the look in his eyes telling me how worried he still was about me.

“Please, I just want to hold you,” I said and he must have heard the desperation in my voice because he didn’t argue, instead he leaned forward and wrapped his arms around me. I could tell that he was still being careful not to hurt me but it didn’t matter. I felt better instantly, his touch giving me hope that everything will be ok.