Chapter 3

(A/N: listen to "Song On The Beach" by Arcade Fire on repeat while reading. I was inspired by that song so i wrote this cute moment.)

Barry whooshed back into the pipeline to find Caitlin sitting on a chair spinning like a little kid. She stopped when she saw a blurry Barry standing by the doorway.

"What?"

"What? Nothing."

Barry called Cisco out of his lab and they all sat down talking and laughing like normal. Like old times,as if nothing had changed. They talked for hours before Cisco left. While Barry was cleaning up saw that Caitlin was no longer there spinning. He ran to the pipeline to see if she was there but there was no sign of her. He ran back the cortex and looked at the cameras. He saw her on the roof, sitting down and watching the sun begin to set. Her walked up to the roof and joined her,

"You look good in that jacket." he said as he sat down. She smiled but she didn't turn from the setting sun. All Barry could think of was of the light hitting her hair and how beautiful and amazing she was. He couldn't stand the thought of losing her.

He put his hand around her neck and she rested her head on his shoulder. They wished they could capture this perfect moment. This moment that made everything that was going bad, fade from their lives. Everything that they went through didn't seem to matter anymore, because all they wanted was to stay there. There where he could wrap his arms around her, and where she could lay her head on his shoulders without think that she could hurt him. Because in that moment, everything was perfect, everything was as it should be. They looked up at each other and couldn't help but smile. They stayed there until the sun was completely gone, waiting for the bright shining star came out.

Caitlin had started dosing off until she fell asleep on Barry's lap. They were laying on the warm sand, hearing the waves crash. Smiling, laughing, enjoying life. They got up and started running. Not like they were running from something but running towards something. Something they had been towards their whole lives...Happiness. Together on the beach was all they could ask for, being together was all they needed. Everything was perfect. They sat on the warm sand looking at the many beautiful colors in the sky. The waves slowing down, making the seagulls calling the only noise they could hear. The perfect day....the perfect dream.