Chapter 9

"Any change?" Barry asked in a soft voice.

"No."

"Let me know if anything changes. I'll be at the CCPD." Barry stood up and left. It had been two weeks since they captured Caitlin. Eventually Felicity and Cisco told Barry because they needed his help. The only way to get Caitlin back was to bring up her temperature. Barry had to hit her with a lightning bolt. But now, Caitlin was in a coma and no one knew when she was going to wake up.

*Two years later*

It had been two years and Caitlin showed no signs of waking up.

"Barry, I know you love her. But she doesn't seem like she's ever going to wake up, and you can't keep waiting around for her and being all mopey. It's annoying." Iris was trying to help Barry out as much as she could but Barry was getting really annoying and clingy. He would only ever be in three places. At CCPD, helping the city, or next to Caitlin.

Everyone knew that Barry had deep feelings for Caitlin. He loved her. And Barry would admit it to anyone.

After a long day at the CCPD, Barry went back to S.T.A.R. labs. He slept there every night, just in case Caitlin woke up. And he was right to. That night, Caitlin woke up in a cold sweat. She had no idea where she was. She got off the bed and started to flee when she knocked over a stand, waking up Barry.

"Caitlin?" Barry said in a groggy voice.

"Barry? Is that you?" Caitlin asked in a scared voice.

Barry turned the light on and walked over to Caitlin. Engulfing her in a huge hug. He led her back to the bed so that she could sit down.

"How do you feel?" Barry asked. He knew he should call the others but he just wanted a few minutes alone with Caitlin.

"I feel like I was hit by lightning. Everything hurts." Barry couldn't help but chuckle because that was exactly what happened. But that's when Barry noticed Caitlin wasn't looking at him.

"Caitlin, look at me."

"Barry?! Why can't I see you?"

"Cait, what do see?"

"Nothing. Everything looks frosted over. This can't be happening! Barry, tell me I'm not going blind!" Caitlin started freaking out. Her vision was gone. Barry immediately called Cisco and Felicity. But by the time they got there it was to late.

Felicity examined Caitlin's eyes to see if she could see anything but everything was black for Caitlin. Her vision was completely gone.

For the next few months, things didn't go so well. Every few days Caitlin's hearing would stop working and hearing aids only helped so much. It wasn't long until she couldn't hear anything anymore. After that, things started to get better. Caitlin's vision slowly came back and she learned to read lips so she could talk to the team. By that time Barry and Caitlin were dating and were happy. It wasn't till a week before Christmas when everything took a turn for the worst.

Caitlin's hearing came back soon after her vision but she only got sicker. Felicity and Cisco ran many test and came up with some results.

Caitlin was slowly freezing to death.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The end is near.

I'm going to write the last chapter and hopefully upload it today. Everything is going pretty fast but it serves a purpose.

Send me any request you may have and I'll try my best.
- Eliza