Chapter 10

Caitlin has been in the medbay for the past 5 days. Everyday, she gets worse. The part that is really bad, is when her powers go off. When they do, everything around Caitlin freezes.

"Barry?"

"Is everything okay?"

"I need to talk to you." Barry knew what Caitlin was going to say.

"Caitlin, you're not going to die. So, we aren't going to have this conversation."

"Barry, you know that there's no chance of me surviving this. Soon I'm going to be frozen and my heart is going to stop beating. But I want to spend the rest of my days with you, even if it is only two days." Caitlin's eyes started to get watery. She didn't want to leave Barry alone. But she had no control over what was happening.

"Caitlin Snow, how did I get so lucky?"

"You were struck by lightning."

"I would love to spend these last few days with you, and every day after that because you are not going to die. I won't let you." Barry meant this. He was going to find a way to save Caitlin. He wasn't going to lose the love of his life.

Barry did as he said. He stayed with Caitlin the whole day. He knew her time was coming but denied every mention of it. He was going to save Caitlin, even if it meant that he had to go back in time and prevent her from almost dying.

Barry and Caitlin talked about their future and life. They were happy and it was like Caitlin wasn't sick. That was until Caitlin started coughing up blood. They called Cisco and Felicity to come see what they could do. But they couldn't do anything. They had to let it pass on its own.

It took them a whole day to find a way to help Caitlin. They knew that Barry wouldn't like the plan but it was the only way.

"Barry, it's the only way." Caitlin squeezed Barry's hand as to reassure him that she was okay with doing this.

"How does it work?" Barry asked. He wanted to know how everything before Caitlin had to go under anesthesia. 

"Well, we'll have to put Caitlin in a similar set up as we did for you when you were struck by lightning but we'll have to put her in cryo so we can slow down the ice going towards Caitlin's​heart and regulate her temperature." Cisco explained the situation to the team. Although he was scared, he knew that this was the option they had to save Caitlin's life, and he wasn't going to let his best friend die.

"How long can she stay in cryo without it hurting her?"

"Since Caitlin's body temperature is already in the low 30s, it shouldn't make a difference and she can stay in cryo for long time if we make sure she's still getting the nutrition she needs."

"Barry, just consider it as a frozen coma. I'll be fine." Caitlin knew there was a big chance this didn't work and that she could die doing this, but this was better than having Barry sit next to her as she froze to death.

"When do we do it?" Barry was dreading this but this was Caitlin's decision.

"Now. The faster we do it the more time we'll have."

"Can I have a second alone with Caitlin?" Barry was scared. He didn't want to lose the love of his life. So he was going to do what he does best. Make sure she had a reason to come back. Everyone left the cortex and now it was just Barry and Caitlin.

"You sure want to do this?"

"Yes."

"Well then, I'm gonna do something crazy because if I don't do it now I'm probably never gonna get the chance of doing it."

"Are you going to guilt me into not dying?" Caitlin said with a small chuckle.

"No, but I've lost so many people but I can't bare the thought of losing you."

"You're not going to lose me. I'm gonna be fine."

"Yeah, I know." Barry smiled at Caitlin. He was super nervous for what he was going to do next.

"I'm going to do something really irrational. I was going to do this on Christmas but I don't think you'll be there." Barry pulled out a small blue box and went down on one knee.

"Caitlin Snow, you have made me the happiest man on this Earth. I knew you were special since the day I woke up. I knew that I was going to be okay everytime I got hurt doing something stupid because you were there next to me. I knew I would survive. But I can't survive without you. Cait, I love you and my love for you is never going to go away. And I want to spend the rest of my life with you, no matter what. Will you marry me?"

"Barry, I love you, and even though this thing might kill me, I still want to spend the rest of my life with you. Even if I'm frozen."

"Is that a yes?"

"Yes."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So I think that I'm going to write one more chapter instead of putting this one with the next one because I wanted this one to stay as a happy chapter.

                -Eliza