Chapter Twelve: Leave

Desmond was knelt next to the couch watching over Eve's body as it laid cold on the couch. After making the initial incision with his morphed monster's fangs, injecting within her the infestation that grows the monster, Daniel and Nicholas had finished off her blood. gviuv 

Surprisingly the last to leave his side was Catharine. She hung in her chair comfortably staring at the body. Finally it had come to Desmond excusing her from the room so that Eve could be comfortable once she turned.

After mumbling as she lifted herself from her seat she hobbled out the room, leaving Desmond alone shaking his head. His focus was back to Eve as he took her limp heavy hand into his own, waiting for her body to start shifting.

It had taken a while, but finally her body began to jerk and feathers began to grow from her skin. Her body widened and she grew large as her arms took shift into wings. A large black owl lifted crushing the couch under it and with howl eyes it had awakened. It screeched with a beak full of sharp teeth.

He smiled as it lifted out its large wings. "How lovely you look," he said up to the creature.

Then he began to rehearse the spell that could help the monster morph back into it's now human shell. They were no longer humans, but rather creatures that could take human form.

The body of the beast melted down in size, it's black features and body dissipating like a thick black smoke. Standing in the middle of the room was the young blonde haired woman he loved; reborn with horns and flesh void of any color.

She ran to him wrapping her arms around his neck and met his face to press their lips together. "I don't like how big my monster is."

Tangling his fingers through her hair that, now seemed to glow, he laughed. "It's magnificent."

She smiled and pushed back. "Hunt?"

The word sent glee to his fave as he smiled. "Yes," he agreed. "Let me get the pack."

"No, no," she pleaded. "Just us. Please."

"I guess they won't need to feed tonight. That's fine, let us go, my love."

He took her hand and lead her to his office and onto the balcony. He morphed and she followed as they took off into the sky, gliding together side by side.

Desmond had allowed Eve to pick their prey and how to kill. Of course, such a gorgeous beast had an appetite for innocent souls. Though she was a large beast, once picking a family home, she took her human body, her arms still black masses of feathers and her head taken over with a large beak and sunken circled black eyes.

It was easy getting into the home. Desmond took on and devoured the father that had come downstairs to see what the noise was. The screams of the man had sent down his wife, who held a bat vainly whacking away at the darkness as Eve had grabbed her on the stairs.

Then it was Eve who had gone upstairs and followed the scent of the true innocence in the home. Desmond stayed downstairs, still in his bat like body, allowing Eve to have her feast that she had chosen.

After their meal, they soared the skies together. Blood covered watching down at the the city draped in darkness. It was still early, and though the curfew was set for nine, buildings laid dark and the streets were void of any cars.

What they did see were other dark figured demons taking to the skies and marching through the roads and parks. Desmond felt pride and accomplishment watching the the humans that craved for their animal instincts. Once the sun dropped his kingdom would come to life. His mayhem.

Once landing back home, the both of them entangled each other in their human forms. They were both crusted in dried blood as they passionately kissed, mashing their lips and tongues together.