Chapter Fifteen: Blood

The tune to Xavier's catchy ringtone had woke up Catharine as she fumbled within blankets opening her eyes. She pushed her hand into Xavier's bare chest and when he moaned she said, "Your phone's ringing."

He stretched and gasped for air and then grabbed his phone off the side table. "Yo." As Xavier talked on the phone she covered herself under the blanket feeling a bit of embarrassment as she sat nude in the bed. "That's great. We'll be there soon," he said and hung up. He then shook his hand on her side and announced, "Will found out who the demon was, last night. We gotta get dressed."

Yawning as she rolled out of bed she held the blanket to her chest. He slide on the same clothes he had yesterday and he found a new shirt for her that was Xara's. They got ready and then hit the road and were back to the bar.

"What are we doing here?" she asked as they walked in.

"Will's got a spot and the stuff in the basement," he answered.

"Stuff for what?"

"We're going to summon a demon."

"A demon?"

"Well," he began shrugging. "We're actually going to summon a dark angel. Someone higher in ranks."

They walked down into the dimly lit basement, shelves were stocked on the sides with supplies and in the middle of the room was a specially designed circle. As Xavier grabbed an old book left on the steps he told her to light the candles around the room.

Once she was finished he walked over to the circle and began to chant the spell he found.

Though only to be cut off by, "boy, if you wanted to talk, you could've just asked."

Both of them turned to the source of the words to see a middle aged man sitting on the steps of the basement. From around his curly grey orange hair, he blew smoke from his mouth as he held a black cigarette in his hand.

"Barbas?" Xavier asked the man.

"The one and only," he said standing.

"I'm surprised you showed up, I was just about to-"

"Yeah, yeah," he said pointing with his cigarette holding fingers to the circle. "Heard you hunters wanted to ask me some questions. Thought I'd beat you all and come before I was trapped in your cockamamie circle there." He took a long drag. "What can I do you for."

"You made a deal with a vampire, Desmond. We need to know what he is and how to kill him."

"Ah, yes," he said smiling. "I remember the vampire's deal. Came to me wanting revenge for his clan. So I gave him all the power he needed and more."

Before Xavier could say anything Catharine asked, "What did he give you?"

They watched as the dark angel raised his eyes and looked over to Catharine. Silent as he looked her over. "All I wanted was a hundred human souls. I gave him a power of infestation to turn a soul dark. Once he had killed them, they came back to me in Hell. Once I got what I wanted he was free to do what he wanted, but any soul he kills while infested comes right down to me."

Barbas walked over to Catharine and took a drag before blowing the strongly scented smoke into her face. Something she'd never smelt before. A spice and floral scent. "And what's a fallen angel have to do with my monster? Helping hunters?"

As Catharine stood confused and silent Xavier peaked up. "What did you say?"

"You didn't know?" he asked Xavier. Barbas then turned to Catharine. "And by the look on your face you didn't either. Apart of the punishment, I see. Ripped of your memory and your status. Trust me sweetie, you don't want them anyway."