Chapter Two (short)

7:30 a.m. | New York | America's POV

A large presentation slide was shown on the Windows of the meeting room,creating a more relaxed look against the sudden days of light. Alfred finished reviewing his peppers before letting his secretary call in the nation's and fixing himself up. Almost in seconds,nation's big and small came through the glass doors,greeting the American with a polite handshake and smile. Ah, hypocrites at their finest. Then,Alfred's stomach churned a bit as a certain Russian nation came in,immediately turning to grab his papers and hopefully act like Ivan never existed. After a bit of chit chat,the meeting finally began,all plans and projects being discussed with heavy points of views and moral contradictions,but ended with a satisfying agreement. Though,it seemed that the hours would pass by like water flowing,almost as if they were mere seconds- which was a very good sign.
Before anyone noticed,the clocks rang 12:17 in the after noon,stomachs growling as a sign of a well needed pause.
"Alrighty,everyone! Have a two hour lunch brake and we'll be back shortly."
The blond American informed,giving his trade mark smile before the nation's began to exit the room. Although,Alfred's boss managed to reach the young nation before he could leave.

"May we speak in private,Alfred? There's some thing we- uh...must discuss immediately."
The president mumbled,earning a small grin from a fellow president before the later exited with his own nation.

"Uh,sure,big guy. What's up?" The unsure and rather...scared blond spoke,following his leader to the table again.

"You see,Alfred... With all respect,you're one of the most hated nations in the world right now. And... That's not good; not when we're at the bridge of war." The male spoke,earning a wide eyed gaze from his nation. "And well...I was approached by a fellow president and he suggested you unite temporarily with a country,even in the slightest way,so you can have a stronger balance and gain your power again."

This information left the American nation bewildered,though seemed to understand his president's point. It wasn't unusual to see countries unify ever so often. "Alright,I see what you mean. But if I'm one of the most hated,who exactly would I unify with?"

Almost as if on cue,a nervous and sudden laugh came passed the president's lips,looking away from the nation who would probably strangle him. "Well...you see..." Alfred seemed to be loosing his patience,between the new sense of desperation thanks to the news and his president's nerves. Almost in a second,the president spoke in a choked voice.
"You have to go on a date with Russia."

Oh joy.