9 - Mountain View

Week 2/4, Day 8 - Monday

"My god this was a bad idea."

"You're just lazy."

"Oh shut up Samantha."

Sam just smirked at him. He's learning from me, Gabriel thought.

Today was a hike up the mountain coincidentally right near them. Or maybe Michael and Lucifer just chose a good place for a camp, but it seemed more likely to be a coincidence.

Dean and Cas were up ahead, talking to each other. And standing a little closer than friends would.

Gabe nudged Sam and pointed at their brothers. Sam laughed.

"They are so blind," Sam said.

"Cassie isn't," Gabe said. "He just...I don't know, his brain works weirdly."

"Most peoples do," Sam said, shrugging. Gabe gave him a curious look, but shrugged it off.

They continued walking up the mountain. The path was rocky in most places, and if some idiot fell of the edge they'd probably die.

Michael and Lucifer just seemed to be waiting for something though, so maybe the hike would be worth it.

The path started to get rockier. As in, they actually had to climb up the side of rocks.

Gabe climbed up one of the rocks, then looked behind him to see Sam glaring at the rock.

"I hate being short," Sam muttered. Gabe smiled softly and reached a hand down to help Sam up.

"It's got it's upsides," Gabe said as Sam grabbed his hand and got up the rock.

"Like what?"

"You can sneak around places easier."

"True...but that's what you do."

"Yeah and I'm actually pretty short. My younger brother is taller than me."

Sam smiled at that. "Hey maybe I'll be taller than you one day."

"In your dreams," Gabe scoffed.

"Well if you were in my dreams...I don't think I'd be caring about height."

Gabe stopped for a moment and looked at Sam, who was smirking slightly. It was very small but yeah he was implying something.

"My god I'm a bad influence on you," Gabriel said.

Sam just laughed and kept walking, leaving Gabe to run to catch up.

Sudden skip to Destiel.

"Lazy assbutt," Cas said as Dean stopped again.

"I'm not lazy, I just don't exactly climb up mountains very often," Dean said.

"Sure," Cas replied. He passed Dean a water bottle which Dean happily took, and then they kept walking.

Cas looked out at the view from the mountain. They'd gotten high enough that they could see the camp site down below them, the lake, the forest. As well as the beach in the distance.

"Can we see Baby yet?" Dean asked. "I always hate leaving her for a month."

"Who?" Cas asked.

"My car," Dean said. "67 Chevy Impala. I left her in the parking lot, no one's going to steal her from there..."

Cas smiled fondly at Dean. "You really care about the car huh?"

"She is not just a car," Dean protested.