21 - Hell of a Summer

Week 3/4, Day 21 of 26 - Sunday

Sam laughed as he watched Gabe sneak up behind Cas and shove him into the lake. Cas turned as he fell, trying to grab for the closet thing and that happened to be Dean, so he pulled Dean with him into the lake.

Gabe walked back over to Sam laughing and high fived him, and then the two of them looked down at their brothers from the pier.

"Seriously guys?" Dean said, looking down at his soaked clothes as he surfaced. Cas surfaced beside him, glaring at Gabriel.

Gabe just shrugged, standing a safe way from the edge of the pier.

It was the last official day of the camp. People could leave at any point during the next week, and there weren't necessarily any activities run. There wasn't anything today either, at least not until it was dark.

The sun was shining brightly today, and most of them were probably getting sunburnt.

"You okay there Sammy?" Gabe asked, looking at where Sam was exhausted from the heat.

"Yeah, it's just hot out here," Sam replied, running a hand through his hair.

"It's fine down here," Dean called from the water.

"He's right, that would cool you down," Gabe said, looking at Sam with that look he has, the one where you just know he's about to do something.

"Don't you dare," Sam said, moments before Gabe lunged forward and grabbed him, before throwing him into the lake. Sam yelped as he hit the water, and Gabe was left smirking on the pier.

"Why do you like him?" Dean asked as Sam surfaced.

"I don't even know," Sam said, but he had this small loving smile. Gabe was looking down from the pier, and then took a few steps back before running and jumping off the edge shouting Geronimo.

He landed right in the middle of the three, causing a huge splash. He was laughing as he surfaced, and swam over to Sam, wrapping an arm around his waist underwater.

"See, much cooler in here," Gabe said, smiling at Sam. Sam just rolled his eyes with a smile.

Cas had made his way over to the pier and had climbed up, and was now sitting on the edge looking at the three. Dean swam over and climbed up beside him, putting an arm around Cas's shoulders.

"Want to go get a drink?" Dean said, noticing that Cas's cheeks were red from the heat. Or from Dean but either way.

"Yeah," Cas said with a smile and Dean stood, holding his hand out to help Cas up. They walked off, leaving Sam and Gabe in the lake.

"You look sunburnt," Gabe noted, looking at Sam.

"I feel like it too," Sam said. "We should go inside."

Gabe nodded, before swimming over to the shore of the lake, Sam beside him. They walked back to their cabin and relaxed when they got inside. It wasn't much colder, but the sun wasn't shining directly on them anymore.

Gabe looked down at his soaked shirt before pulling it off and not being bothered to get a new one. Sam pointedly looked away, blushing lightly.

"Oh come on Sammy, you saw me shirtless at the beach," Gabe said, smirking slightly as he walked over to Sam.

"That was at a beach," Sam said. "We're inside now."

Gabe shrugged. "It's too hot to wear a shirt. You probably shouldn't either." Sam made this little indignant sound and Gabe just laughed. "Just kidding kiddo. At least get a dry one though." Sam nodded and walked into his room in search of a shirt.