(10ks pov)

"Hey hey" I kneel down so I'm face to face with the small girl "we're not going to hurt you"

"Please don't take my things" she whispered out, stick choked up from crying so hard. Why would she be crying?? Is she really that scared of our little "group"??

"We don't want to take your things, you don't have to be scared of us" I said

"Well I'm actually pretty hungry right now so I'm gonna take your crackers" Murphy sarcastically spit out

"Shut up Murphy" I sighed, giving him a light punch on the arm. "I'm 10k and this is my.... Friend, Murphy"

"Leah" the girl quietly replied "my name is Leah"

"Leah, pretty name" I could hear Murphy groan over my attempt to be somewhat charming, the young girl bushed slightly.

"Can I just ask why the hell you're so terrified of us" Murphy annoyingly added

"Didn't I tell you to shut up" I said, rolling my eyes back in my head.

"I've been alone for a long time, I try to hide whenever I see people coming but I guess you guys found my hiding place.."

"Oh well sorry for—uhh—invading your hiding place"

"It's fine"

Gosh this is weird. I haven't talked to a girl my age in what it seemed like forever, and if I did talk to anyone I would just end up having to leave the next day.

"Do you want to come with us to California" I blurt out, not really having time to process what I was going to say

I'm so stupid. Why did I do that? Of course she wouldn't want to come with us after Murphy and I scared the living shit out of her.