TнƐ NƐƜ Gɪ尺Ł

"She passed out" I stood up, putting the lighter back in my pocket. Tucking a long black strand of hair behind my ear, I looked down at my work. Not my best, a little shabby around the edges, but she would live.

Shame. I'm kinda jealous. To have someone care for her like he does, to cry for her, that was something I only dreamed of. And by a guy that cute, I thought, however quickly shook it out of my head. I was not attracted to him, I just thought he looked good. Thank god I'm aro/ace, I mentally laughed. Falling in love was a whole new element of heartbreak. Something I wanted no more of.

My family had said they loved me, but as soon as the virus broke out, I was the one they used as bait to lure the zombies away. In the process, I escaped, and found this warehouse. I lived here for years, with only my gun for company.

But now, I had two people randomly stumble into my home, bleeding profusely.

"Hey, what is your name?" I broke the awkward silence between us.

"Daniel," He muttered, never taking his eyes off the girl.

"Daniel, are you and that blonde chick dating?" I asked. Why did I ask that? Too soon Storm, too soon! I mentally slapped myself.

I saw him blush, and then sharply face me, shaking his head wildly.

"What!? No! W-what makes you think that?" He laughed, rubbing the back of his neck. What a dork - and terrible liar. I tilted my thin glasses up my nose after they slipped down.

"W-what's your name?" He asked, obviously trying to change the subject.

My name? Why does he care?

"What good will it do to know?" I turned around and started to walk off.

"I-I just thought since I gave you mine, you could give me yours?" I paused.

It is just a word. One tiny little word. My name.

"It's Storm," I whispered, barely audible.

"Storm... was a strange name," he said. I snapped my head back round, acting offended. "No- no that's not what I meant. It came out wrong." He waved his hand back and forth, trying to take back what he said.

"Ha... hahaha!" I started laughing, causing him to freeze and look at me in confusion. "I was only joking, don't be so scared!" I only have an M249 light machine gun I have mastered.

"Hahahaha." He started to laugh nervously, but in his eyes was pure fear.

Turning my head away from him, I smiled.

"Yes, what a strange name indeed" I muttered under breath.

A single tear of cold. salty water rolled down my cheek.

Such a shame.

The people who knew my name had all died. It was like a curse. My curse. The last deaths had just been coincidences, right?

That is why I didn't tell him my real name.

I couldn't.

I shall never speak of my name again. I left it behind. So now, I will go by Storm.

Because that is what I am. A perfect storm of emotion, but behind the rain and lightning is a sun and rainbow. When will I see it?

"What a strange name indeed."