Scratched

I'm giving my friend kayaheart a shoutout. Please read her story 'Robot With A Bloody Heart'. Its awesome.

It was dark, stormy and loud. In the forest, team RWBY fought the creatures of Grim. Their leader, Ruby, was fighting as hard as she could against a Beowolf. She was soaking wet, tired and beginning to feel weak. The Beowolf saw she wasn't able to keep up so he lunged forward when he saw an opening.

Ruby couldn't move fast enough to dodge or even deflect it. She threw her head back, letting the wind blow her hair and the rain wash her face as she breathed, trying to gain stength to continue. She wasn't regaining strength fast enough and the Beowolf slashed thought her.

The red's silver eyes fluttered and opened to the sound of thunder and the flashing light of the lightning. The storm was still ranging on. She brought her hand to her forehead, then her stomach, feeling slight pain."About time, lil' sis. I was getting worried about you." Said a certain blonde. Ruby looked over to see her big sister with a smile lkn her face and holding a candle.

Ruby looked around the dark room, noticing the only light was from Yang's candle."The storm's so strong, all the lights went out across the kingdom. Everyone's in the dark." Yang smiled more, sitting on the edge of her chair to see Ruby's silver eyes. She blinked and looked to the window, seeing the glass covered in rainwater and the branches outside flailing like crazy.

The lightning struck again made Ruby begin to shake. Yang noticed and stay next to her sister to comfort her."Don't be scared sis. You know I'll protect you from anything." She said, pulling her kid sister close. Yang and Ruby left the room and walked to their dorm, where they were greeted by Weiss and Blake.

"Ruby, you had us worried sick! Are you okay?!" Weiss exclaimed. She didn't answer."Ruby?" Blake asked. Still nothing."The doctor said she might be traumatized from the strike to her gut. She hasn't said a word since she woke up." Yang said, trying to keep a smile on her face, but it faded when she looked at Ruby.

Ruby stared at her stomach, holding her hand over the scar that was wrapped in bandages. Ruby clenched her fist tight with the cloth from her tank top in her hand. Still, without a word, she looked up to her team mates to let them know she was okay.

Blake gave a small smile while Weiss kept her angry expression."It you'd stop being such a child, you wouldn't have gotten such a terrible wound." She crossed her arms.

"She's in enough pain without your hurtful words. Either try making her feel better or keep your mouth shut." Yang growled. Weiss scoffed and whipped her head around.

"Hey, no fighting. Like Yang said, Ruby's already hurt. This is about our leader, so let's focus on Ru-"

Blake stopped mid sentence, seeing Ruby was no longer in their presence. To get away from everything, Ruby ran outside and stood in the rain to calm her mind. She couldn't tell her pained tears from the rain. She felt the pain in her stomach grow worse. She began to shout and scream in pain, debating weather to hold her stomach or her head. Both were in great pain.

She screamed louder, falling to her knees as she felt herself growing both weaker and stronger at the same time.

"Ruby!" Yang yelled for her sister."Ruby where are you!?" She yelled. She made her way outside the from entrance where the strom still raged. She saw the silhouette of her sister, standing in the cold, hard rain."Ruby, come back inside! You're gonna get sick if you stand out here!" She yelled. The moment Yang blinked, the figure disappeared.

"Ruby, this is no time for games! Come on!" She beconed her sister. Yang heard a low growl from behind her and turned, but she saw nothing."Ruby?" She asks again."Come on, sis, this isn't funny."

She heard the low growl again and she couldn't take it anymore!"RUBY!!!!" She screamed."Yang," she heard from behind her. She whipped her head around again to we Ruby standing there with a straight face.

"Ruby, don't scare me like that. Come on, its cold." Yang began to walk inside. Ruby looked up to the sky, seeing a white circular outlining appear. It flashed red, and so did her eyes, before she followed her sister inside.

The following morning, Ruby woke up with the same pain in her stomach. Remembering nothing from last night, she felt normal today so she smiled. She grabbed her whistle off the dresser and blew it as hard as she could to wake up her team mates."Good morning, team RWBY!!!" She shouts.

"Must we do this every morning?" Weiss asks, sprawled on the floor below her bed."Its her method of getting us to really wake up. I respect it." Blake smile as she stretched her arms."I see you're feeling better sis." Yang said, kicking her feet over the edge of her top bunk bed.

"All I needed was a good nights sleep. Ruby Rose is back!" She said."Good. Please stay that way." Yang hugged her sister and headed off to the shower. Ruby grabbed her uniform from her closet and a red towel for her shower as well.

As the hot water doused her body, Ruby thought of the Beowolf she fought. Its massive claws slicing her stomach, leaving a huge mark. Her hand found its way to the mark and rubbed it softly with soap. She cringed, realizing the wound was still slightly open.

Her heart went faster, feeling the pain growing greater. The water dripped from her hair and her nose, hitting the floor and adding to the blood below her. Blood ran down her stomach, dripping on her feet and the floor, adding to her pain. She shouted and screamed, hoping someone would hear her cries. But no one did.

Yang exited the shower and still heard the shower running in the next room."Ruby, come on, well be late for class!" She called. No answer. She went inside to see her sister on the floor, the water and blood stop running down the drain."Ruby!!" She screamed, dropping her trowel and running to her sisters side.

"Ruby, get up!! Ruby, please say something!!!! Ruby!!!!" She shook her sister but nothing."Somebody help!!!" She cried. Weiss, Blake, Nora and Phyrra all run to her side."What happened?" Phyrra asks, seeing Ruby on the floor. Yang couldn't answer cause she didnt know. She could only cry over her sister.

Weiss and Nora took off to the nurse's office while Blake and Phyrra stayed to help carry Ruby.