Strange Behavior

Yang sat in the same chair as the night before, staring at her sleeping sister. Ruby kept groaning in her sleep, tossing and turning and mumbling. A few words, Yang could understand but the rest is unknown.

Yang couldn't stay still, for the thoughts floating around her mind were making her worry more and more. Weiss and Blake entered the room and stood beside their stressed out team mate.

Just as they stopped moving, their leader's eyes opened once again."Thank goodness. You had us worried, again." Weiss said with a heavy sigh. Ruby said nothing as she sat up in the bed and stared at her hands. She touched the bandages around her stomach again, seeing she was only in her bra.

"Ruby, what happened in the shower? When we came in there, the water was running but you were on the floor. Even team JNPR was worried." Blake said. She didn't answer. Yang leaned closer and placed a hand on Ruby's shoulder. Before she made contact, Ruby growled, warning her not to get too close.

Confusion was written on all three faces. Their leader growled, and at her own sister?

The nurse entered and Ruby looked up."How's our patient doing?" She asked."She's awake but doesn't wanna be bothered apparently." Weiss says with a hint of attitude. Ruby looked up at her with a glare that spooked Weiss. The nurse noticed the redness of Ruby's eyes and knew they weren't red before.

Weiss, however, didnt notice cause she looked away in fear."You girls, go back to class. I'll take care of Miss Rose." She said.

Once they left, the nurse grabbed s thermometer."Open your mouth, dear." She said. Ruby did not comply. She pressed her lips rightly together to keep her mouth sealed."I need to take your temperature now open up."

Ruby turned her head away and the nurse sighed."I know you're the youngest here in Beacon but I refuse to spoil you. Now open." She demanded a third time.

Ruby's eyes glowed red again, then went silver before she opened her mouth.

While sitting at lunch, Yang, Blake and Weiss sat anxiously thinking of their leader. Nora noticed the gloomy atmosphere and put on a smile."So, I was thinking; this Saturday we can all go out for ice cream!" She said. No one made a sound."Don't all agree with me at once." She said sarcastically.

"Nora, nows not a good time." Ren said to his best friend. Yang rose to her feet but Blake made her sit back down. Yang huffed and shook her leg faster.

Everyone noticed the room getting waermer cause Yang was so mad. A few other kids started complaining it was too hot imn there."Maybe we should check on Ruby now." Weiss said.

So the girls and team JNPR walked to the nurse's office. When they went in, they saw the nurse laying in her own blood with gashes all over her body. They all screamed at the horrible sight. In the middle of the floor, Ruby stood shaking and holding her head as she mumbled to herself.

"Ruby, what happened?!" Yang asked, running up to her sister. Her voice and breath were shaky."I-I didnt hear you, sis."

"Broken glass........screaming.......monster!" She trembled as she began to cry. Yang held her close, trying to think of a way to calm her down."We'll let professor Ozpin know." Blake said, taking Weiss with her. They ran down the hall and to the main building where their headmaster resided.

Yang helped Ruby to the bed with blood covered sheets and sat her down."Sis, please, can you tell us what happened?" Yang begged her tyounger sibling.

"Broken glass..........screaming..........monster....." She said again."We need a more detailed explanation than that." Phyrra said.

Ruby kept repeating it, holding her head and shaking."It no use. She's broken." Nora said. Yang held up a finger as she held her sister's face, looking into her scared eyes."Yang....I didn't see anything." She said, confusing everyone.

Weiss and Blake had finally filled professor Ozpin in on the event. He called Ruby to the same icelated room where they met to question her. Ruby sat in the chair with a blanket wrapped around her but she was still shaking. Ozpin began to record and asked the first question.

"Okay, Miss Rose. Starting from the beginning, tell me what happened in there."

"I finally woke up from sleeping. My stomach immediately started hurting. My friends came in but were told to go back to class. The nurse tried tro take my temperature but I didnt listen. When I finally did, my stomach started hurting again and everything went red. I didn't see anything from there."

"Alright. Your sister told me that you kept saying 'Broken glass, screaming, and monster'. What did that mean?"

"I heard glass shatter, I heard screaming and I assumed it was a monster." She shrugged.

"Mmm. Ruby, you said you had woken up, correct?" She nodded yes."If you were awake, why didn't you see anything?"

"I-I dunno. Everything just went...red..."

This made Ozpin stop and think."I also heard a loud roar...that's what made me think it was a monster. I don't know why all I could see was red." Ruby continued.

Ozpin thought some more. This doesn't make any sense....

Yang, Blake and Weiss has been called to the headmaster office. When they entered, they approached his desk."Glad you could make it, girls. Please, take a seat." He said.

"I've analyzed the data I received from Ruby." He began."So, what was it?" Yang asked.

"It was not a monster. It couldn't have been." He says."Were in the process of examining her brain at the moment, as well as taking samples of her blood to study." General Ironwood said, stepping out from a corner. Yang grew angrier on the inside when she heard this.

"Why do you need to study my sister?!" She asked loudly."Everything about her seems.....unstable. We're just running some tests to make sure she's okay."

"Why wouldn't she be okay? Her wound is almost recovered." Weiss spoke."While that is true, we're concerned about what may have gotten into the wound while it was open." Ozpin says.

"You know, its siad that humans only use ten percent of their brain at a time. But, Ruby's brain seems to have unlocked the potential to use fifteen percent now." Ironwood explained.

"None of this makes any sense!" Yang exclaims, rising from her chair. Ironwoon stepped up to Ozpin's desk and inserted his scroll, making a hologram appear.

"I'll show you. Ruby's brain has had a new memory added to her brain but she can't remember it when she's normal. We've tested her blood and some of the blood from the Beowolf she fought the other night is in her bloodstream. This strange memory is of seeing the nurse die."

"I-I don't-this doesn't-" Yang stuttered."Miss Xiao Long,"

"Ruby killed the nurse"