Chapter Four

It was the next day and to be honest Mike and Josh didn't really sleep well. They had too much trouble trying to get to sleep while the thoughts filled their minds of the terrible events that took place.

Mike opened his eyes after closing them for a bit to feel weight on one side of his body. He looked down to see Josh curled up against him; head resting on his chest. Josh opened his eyes as he heard a knock on the door.

"I'll get it" muttered Mike before sitting up, climbing out of bed to answer the door. He looked to see Sam and Jessica at the door "hey" spoke Sam
"Hey" muttered Mike.
"Did any of you sleep ok?" Asked Jessica softly.
Mike shook his head in response "not really...every time I closed my eyes I just keep getting flashbacks of what happened"
"None of us slept well...we're heading to the lobby for breakfast with everyone else, you guys coming?" Asked Sam.
"We've spoken to Emily so there shouldn't be any arguments like yesterday" continued Jess.

Mike nodded his head "ok just give us a couple of minutes and we'll be down" the girls nodded their heads before walking away to head down to the lobby.
Mike walked over to the draw grabbing spare clothes that where left for them, he grabbed some clothes for himself and Josh.
"Put these on and we'll go and get something to eat" said Mike passing the clothes to him.

Mike walked into the bathroom to get dressed and to give Josh some privacy. Once he was finished getting dressed he knocked on the door "is it ok for me to come in?"
"Yeah!" He called out in response. Once they where both dressed they both decided to head to the lobby to join everyone else. Josh gulped as he felt like all eyes where on him. "J-Josh? Can I speak to you for a second" spoke up Chris. "S-sure" what was it? Did Chris not want to be his friend anymore? Man he's fucked everything up. They both walked over to the corner away from everyone else so they could privately talk. "I....I should be angry with you, after all you did with the stupid fucking prank and the danger we got put in..." He started. Josh didn't blame him for feeling that way he felt angry himself, he felt angry because of what everyone put Hannah and Beth through...but after the prank he began to feel angry with himself and felt like he was to blame for everything. "But you're my best friend and you always will be and I-I can't stay mad at you we all made it out alive and that's all that matters" Josh felt a lump in his throat "t-thank you" he muttered.
"Hey come here man!" Cheered Chris pulling him into a hug.
"Don't start crying on my bro you'll get me going" chuckled Chris.
"I-I'm sorry for everything man" apologised Josh.
"It's fine were all alive and safe that's all that matters"

"Um Mike?..,can I speak to you?...in private?" Spoke Jess breaking the silence at the table. "Sure" responded Mike following Jess as Chris and Josh went back to sit down, they actually looked like their usual selves talking and laughing it was nice to actually see something normal. Jess took a deep breath before closing her eyes, bracing herself for something "you ok?" Asked Mike with concern. "I-I don't know....I care about you so much Mike....and you came for me! You tried to save me!" Breathed Jess. Mike bit the inside of his lip as he knew where this was going. "It's going be to take me a while to get over this...and the last thing on my mind is a relationship...which is why I can't be with you...I'm sorry Mike" she apologised. "It's ok....I understand.....even though where not together anymore I want you to know if you need anyone to talk to or anything like that I'm here for you"
"T-thank you Mike" she sobbed before Mike pulled her into a hug. He gripped onto him as she began to cry. "Ssssshhh it's ok" he whispered gently placing a kiss on top of her head.

Maybe it was for the best that they broke up, especially since last night since he kissed Josh more than once and it could have ended up going further than that if he didn't stop himself. Mike never found himself attracted to men so why was Josh different? Was it because he seeked comfort from him? Or did he actually feel more towards Josh? It had started to get later and everyone decided it would be best to head back home to try and get things back to normal.

As everyone went to leave Mike noticed that Josh was sitting alone. "Hey man you ok?" He asked walking over to Josh. "Y-yeah I'll be fine man" he responded. Josh always felt like he was in the background around his parents since Hannah and Beth's death, his parents even moved away for a bit to clear there heads, they decided it was best for Josh to stay so he could focus on his education. "Do you?...do you wanna stay with me? For a couple of days?" Suggested Mike. Josh looked up surprised "um...I don't want to cause any trouble"
"It's fine I live alone anyway and besides....I could use the company...since Jessica broke up with me"
"I'm sorry man"
"It's fine....I've kind of got mixed emotions anyway" responded Mike. Josh nodded his head before grabbing his things to head back to Mike's.