Chapter Six

Blood, blood everywhere...Josh looked around at the bloody bodies on the floor. The smell of metallic blood intoxicated his nostrils and lungs as he struggled to breathe at the disgusting smell.

"it's ok Josh, It's ok man just breathe" he muttered to himself as he took a step forward. Bracing himself to look at the bodies.

He noticed something....six bodies on the floor. His heartbeat pulsed through his ears as he got closer and closer to the bodies. "No no no!" He began to scream as he recognised the people on the floor. It was his friends slaughtered and mutilated on the floor. He could see the fear in their eyes as they must have took their final breathes.

Mike? Where was Mike? He scattered around looking for him. That's when he noticed a body on the floor, away from everyone else, in a pool of blood. He slowly walked over to the body, his breathing became shollow, sweat dripped from his head as he knew who the body belonged to but he didn't want to admit it.

He clenched his fist as he recognised the green jacket the body was wearing. "No no!!" He screamed, placing his hands over his mouth. Mike lay on the floor eyes wide open. He could see the fear in his eyes and blood dripped from his mouth.

He kneeled down, scooping the lifeless body into his arms as he began to cry. "This is your fault" he looked up to see his therapist standing in front, towering over him.

"If you weren't such a SPOILED BRAT! This wouldn't have happended...all your friends would still be alive" he said getting closer and closer to his face inches away.
"You're pathetic Josh!" he spat.
"I didn't want them to die!" He began to cry.
"You're alone Josh" he said before his disappeared into the darkness.

"Josh"
"Josh"
"Josh"

Josh threw himself forward gasping for air. Looking around he recognised he was in Mike's room. "Josh?"

Josh climbed out of bed, sitting on the edge on the bed running his hands over his face. "You Ok?" Asked Mike softly as he wrapped his arms around him. Josh kept still but silent, he didn't want to feel like this anymore. Mike leaned over gently pressing his lips on Josh's shoulder.

Josh shivered a little at the touch. "Come on Josh talk to me" he whispered pulling Josh back onto the bed with him. Josh lay down pressing his face into Mike's chest. "Josh talk to me" he whispered, Josh shook his head in response. "Please" he softly pleaded Josh looked to see Mike's eyes glassed over, his eyes sparkling in the dark room. "E-everyone was dead....in the mines so much blood so much gore they told me it was my fault"
"Who?"
"M-my sisters....my t-therapist" he continued. Mike started gently drawing soft circles in his back. Josh closed his eyes at the comforting feeling. "Josh look at me" he slowly opened his eyes looking up at Mike again. "Nothing is going to hurt you. Nothing. We're all alive, none of us are dead you have me to look after you" he reassured him.

To be honest Josh and Mike didn't even know what this was between them. Was it friends? Or more? "Everything will be ok" he repeats in a whisper looking into Josh's eyes. They both pause, Looking into each others eyes they could look away but it's like they couldn't, they didn't want to. Mike leaned forward towards Josh. Breathing became hitched as Mike leaned forward lips touching Josh's. Josh's hands reached up, nails gently scratching against Mike's scalp as Mike deepend the kiss. As they pulled away Mike lay back down pulling Josh closer to him. Josh closed his eyes as Mike leaned forward to kiss his shoulder before kissing the top of his head. "Get some sleep Josh....I won't leave you, I'll be here when you wake up" Josh nodded his head before he felt himself relax in Mike's arms.