Visiting? More Like Eavesdropping on Dad

I'm doing a joint story and I need a cover. It's a PJO and Eragon (Inheritance Cycle) crossover. The author part needs to say "Cait and Samantha" and the title is "The Land of Heroes". If you are chosen you'll get a shoutout and follow. Good luck!

It wasn't long before Percy Jackson noticed he was suddenly immortal and could bend almost anything to his will.

And he also immediately knew Khaos was the one to do it.

Seriously, when he first woke up after Khaos's last visit, he saw a mirror nearby and looked at it. To his horror, his eyes were glowing pink. He did everything he could think of to get rid of it, none of which will not be named, before he finally just wished it would disappear and then poof! Back to normal. He tried that out again, this time wishing they were purple, and got purple. Percy kept wishing until his head hurt too much to carry on. Good to know his limits. He can only switch eye color fifty-seven times before it takes a toll.

Anyway, after Percy figured that out, he wondered what else he could do. He tried thinking of multiple odd things, but nothing worked. Everything stayed the same.

Percy finally decided to just see if anything came with time. His mission was simple; help demigods.

But before he kept doing that, he really should talk to his mom.

Percy stood outside his apartment door. He didn't understand why he was hesitating. Maybe because she might be mad. Maybe because he didn't tell her anything. At least he could tell her, and if the Camp came looking here, they could know the truth. But Percy didn't know if he wanted to rat Trina out. She did after all get it from her mother. But she could become an enemy later on. He'd just have to ask his mother what to do.

He took a deep breath, and paused again.

He heard noises inside. He listened in.

"—I don't know Paul, but I can assure you that if we find him, we'll let you two know. There's no news yet. The gods didn't do this. At least with authorization...."

"That doesn't make me feel better, Poseidon!" Sally Jackson snapped.

Percy almost jumped back in shock. Why was Poseidon delivering the news? Why were the gods even concerned? Seriously, the majority would love to see him dead. Why would anyone search for him? Maybe Annabeth pulled out her sword on them...

"Look, Sally, none of know what's going on! It's like this ultimate game of hide and seek where the person really doesn't want to be found. He might show up here. I just ask that if he does, you let us know. That all right?"

Sally sighed. Percy leaned in to hear. "Fine. But I'm sure he has more reasons than you've told me. I mean really, who curses a kid because they're jealous?"

"A daughter of Nike."

Percy could practically hear his mom roll her eyes. Ew. Wouldn't that sound all squishy and weird though? Why even think about that? That is really disgusting. Like, someone rolls their eyes and you hear a squish, swish, swirl sound. Ew. That's just.....

"—horrible! Why would they even do that?!" Sally almost screamed out.

Yes. Percy thought. The sound would be horrible. Why would anyone imagine that but me.... Oh wait, that was something else. I really should listen.

"—I mean I know Trina made my son leave and all that, but what on Earth could make the demigods imagine such a horrible thing?"

"It's not so bad," Poseidon tried to defend.

"Says the man who's flooded towns for amusement or revenge. Or causes Earthquakes because he lost his favorite shirt that he has a million of."

"I know I'm not the nicest guy—"

"Very far from it, to be honest."

"—but I didn't help them come up with this. So in all truthfulness, I don't feel a need to be revolted with my mind."

"How did they take her front tooth and put it there anyway?"

The conversation faded away as they walked into the kitchen.

Percy made up his mind.

He was not crossing the demigods anytime after he got back. He had a feeling he knew what they did with the tooth.

But right now, he needed to learn how to undo the curse.

Chiron was the wisest creature Percy knew. So even though his relatives could be complete idiots sometimes, at least one of them had to be slightly educated.

Right?

As far as Percy knew, the Party Ponies were last in Nashville, partying with some Cowboys or whatever could be in Nashville, Tennessee. So his first stop would be there.

He didn't feel like using Vapor-Travel, but definitely wasn't walking.

Vapor-Travel it was.

Percy gathered his energy and thought of Nashville.

And he was whisked away.

He touched down on the outskirts of the city. He looked around at everything. No one seemed to find anything weird about his sudden appearance.

Ah, don't you just love mortals?

And the Mist.

The Mist definitely helps him love mortals.

Percy took a deep breath and began walking, hoping if he stumbled upon a forest he'd find the Party Ponies.

Percy heard them before he saw them.

He had been walking around so long it was almost dark. Lady Luck seemed to have been with him today, as he found a foresty enough place to search.

He heard noises like "Dude! and "Bro!" And knew he'd either come across some stupid teenagers throwing a party, or a herd of Centaurs.

Is it a herd of Centaurs? He wondered, off task. Maybe a posse or a flock. Or a gaggle. No wait, that's geese. A pride? No. That's lions. Hmm. I could always just stick with group. But Chiron might not like that. Herd it is, I guess.

Percy braced himself for the onslaught of sound as he entered the clearing.

He stared at the Centaurs.

They stared back.

One finally shouted, "Dudes! It's Perce! Yo man! Wanna play paintball?"

It wasn't long before Percy Jackson was covered in pink paint.

And at every hit, he thought of Khaos.