The Primordials' Plan for Percy Jackson

Percy didn't know what to think of the place at first.

Sure, Ο Τόπος Αρχέγονο κατοικία was a pain in the podex to say, but that wouldn't ruin his image of the place.

The primordial on his left, though, might just ruin it. And the unspecified years of service.

That too.

It was safe to say Percy didn't know what to expect with this. He was at a complete loss as to what the Primordials might have in store for him.

As the two walked, Percy examined his surroundings. Other than the fact that everything seemed to have the appearance of pure white, there was a lot to look at.

When the two transported into Ο Τόπος Αρχέγονο κατοικία, Percy noticed they had entered what might have been called the lower town in medieval times. Everything seemed thrown back in time, almost as if the only signs of progression in the world were Percy's clothes.

All the buildings were like a rustic town, and looked quite quaint to the eye. The people wore similar outfits to the time period the town was set it. Girls wore dresses and skirts, petticoats and all. Men wore rather basic clothing, a few leather jerkins here or there. Everyone stopped what they were doing when Khaos and Percy traveled through. The murmuring started up as soon as they passed each person. Percy only caught snippets.

"Is he—?"

"Could that man possibly—?"

"Wow. Just.... Wow. If he's the guy, I'm all for it."

"Who on Earth did Khaos bring this time—?"

"That primordial needs to stop—"

The phrases went on. As they passed out of the lower town, a gust of random wind hit Percy. He shivered at the cold, wishing he had his sweatshirt.

All of a sudden, Percy's gray swim team sweatshirt was on him. He looked down at it in shock.

Khaos laughed. "I see you're still discovering what your newfound powers can do."

Percy made a face. "Any chance you can help with that?"

Khaos shook his head solemnly. "No. No I cannot. These powers are part of your test. The Council will explain when we meet."

After that, neither had anything to say, so they remained quiet the rest of the walk.

The duo passed through several more clusters of the natives, and were told their farewells in whispers each time. While Khaos seemed used to this, Percy was rather embarrassed and awkward with all the attention. Khaos smirked everytime Percy shifted.

All the towns/villages seemed to progress with age. Beginning in Renaissance times, and getting closer to the 21st century with each town they passed. Each town also represented part of Earth with it. The first was England, second was China, third was Spain, fourth was South America, Percy guessed Peru or Brazil, fifth America, and so on, until a New York City like scene was before Khaos and Percy.

Percy's heart ached. He missed New York. Thinking of his mom, Percy couldn't help but feel guilty. He'd have to find time to visit her soon.

It took the two around ten more minutes to reach the throne room. The doors alone were larger than anything Percy had seen before, dwarfing him.

You wouldn't have thought it was a throne room from the outside. It kind of reminded Percy of the Olympian's throne room. Partially open, partially walled in. Really large golden doors.

The moment Khaos opened the giant doors with a flick of his wrist, Percy heard a sudden flurry of noise coming from inside it.

The Primordials were waiting for him.

Taking a deep breath, Percy slowly entered the room. He could feel the power pulsing from the giant figures surrounding him. All of them were sitting on personalized thrones.

All of them were staring at Percy.

Percy didn't know what to do. He just followed Khaos inside and was now at a loss for words. If he said the wrong thing, he could die. No different from the Olympians. Except with the Olympians, Percy could rely on Poseidon to get him out of whatever mess he made. He couldn't do that here.

Percy stood in front of the powerful beings. He could feel their stares on him, but he refused to start. They wanted to see him. They could do the talking.

The silence was quickly getting awkward. No one would speak, and (hopefully) someone would crack soon.

It seemed Chronos would be the first to break. He sighed and said, "Hello, Perseus. I am glad you are here."

Percy raised an eyebrow at that, but he didn't respond. Surely this guy knew he was only here because he wanted to get back to his old life.

Apparently, even if he did know, Chronos didn't care. "I hope you are ready to begin."

Percy wanted to roll his eyes. He wanted to scream at the unfairness of it all. His life sucked enough without Greek and Roman and Egyptian (and why not throw in some Norse?! They probably exist too!) gods messing with him.

But Percy held his tongue. He needed the service to be over with. "I have no idea what you mean by 'are you ready to begin.' I don't even know what I'm supposed to be doing here!" Okay, so maybe he was a little petulant. But Percy didn't care anymore.

Chronos raised his Primordial eyebrow in Khaos's direction. "You didn't tell him?"

"I didn't know we were telling him anything," Khaos defended.

Chronos sighed again. "Well, Perseus, it seems I must explain why you're here. I'm sure you are well aware of the curse that was placed upon you. And before you accuse us, we did not place it there. But we can remove it after a certain amount of servitude. We have yet to decide the amount of time you will be needed."

"You can't just ask me to buy you an apple and then release me? Why do you have to hold me up like this?" Percy butted in, his annoyance bubbling to the surface.

Chronos exhaled heavily. "Perseus, please. We could do that if we didn't need your help. But we do, so we have to use you. Trust me, I'd rather have you work for us willingly than like this, but this is the only way we can ensure you do what we ask. Now listen."

Percy closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "What do I need to do?"

Chronus gave a small smile. "We have decided as a council, that before we can send you on any proper missions, you should be tested. After much consideration, we have decided what to begin with.

"There is this Earthly tradition we have been told of thanks to For_England_James and we believe it to be quite worthwhile. Simply put, this is a series of tests, projects, services, etc. that you must complete in order to get an award. That's what they do on Earth, anyway. We'd forgo the award part—"

"Dang it. Really wanted a gold star," Percy muttered.

"—but we would use your progress, efficiency, and affectiveness to determine how long you serve us. Do poorly, we may hold you for millennia  over what we would have than if you actually tried to do well in each. We have your first assignment prepared if you are ready."

Percy took another deep breath. It wasn't like he had a choice. "I am."

"Good. Because for your first task, you will train with the commander of the Khaos army, Hishumu, for one month."

Sorry for the long wait. At least it here now! 1255 words for ya.

Special thanks to For_England_James and Sunshineandstars04 for helping me out. James gave me the idea that will help the rest of the story progress, and Sunshine here gave me input on the chapter and what I could add to get it out faster.

Hope y'all enjoyed!

Samigirl