+five+

a/n ; double update because it's chinese new year yaayayayay

but i typed this in literally half an hour and it's 1.43am now so don't judge for the length and if it doesn't make sense aodjhhjuwquhqfqnofwu

NARRATIVE

sunmi breathed in sharply. 

had all the books and horror movies let her down? this was definitely not what she thought hell would be like. but baekhyun looked dead serious. her head spun and all she wanted to do was hug her mum. 

her mum.

what were they to do when they find out that she was gone? call the police? not like the police knew where hell was. 

"you have a weird sense of humour, you know." baekhyun mused. sunmi glared at him, her anger rising. "stop peeking at my thoughts!"

he held up his hands as if to surrender. "hey relax. it's not my fault, you're literally shouting in your mind."

"then tune the hell out!" sunmi blurted, exasperated. it was beyond disturbing to have a demon listening to each and every thought of hers. especially when she finds him mysteriously attractive. 

"okay fine." baekhyun sighed. a moment of silence passed before sunmi spoke up again. "so... you can tune out, just like that?"

"there are a lot of things that you don't know about me, princess." he grinned mischievously. sunmi wanted to slap herself for liking that grin. but beyond all that, there was a question that has been bugging her. 

"why did you lie to me last night?"

baekhyun's eyes softened, but only for a split second. he shrugged it off, his eyes meeting hers. "you were easy to lie to."

"byun baekhyun." it was the first time she addressed him by his full name. however, his eyes betrayed no emotion. a few seconds of tense silence passed and he finally sighed in resignation. "not everyone can come to hell. jungkook can because he was marked by me when i first attacked him in your school. as for you..." he trailed off, running a hand through his hair and not caring whether it's messed up or not. 

he sighed again. "for some reason i couldn't bring you here."

"huh?" sunmi frowned.

"i don't know. it's like you're forbidden or something, but only a group of people can do that, and an average human like you is definitely not involved." sunmi blinked, trying to take in the information. "anyway, i used my last resort. it's a well-known method, but terribly troublesome."

then to sunmi, it all clicked. "my tears?"

baekhyun gave a hesitant nod, as if feeling bad towards towards sunmi. "as long as you cry, even if it's just a drop of tear." 

she stayed silent so he continued. "i was pretty sure it wouldn't work actually. i didn't know you-"

"okay stop." sunmi stood from the bed, not wanting him to embarrass her any further. she didn't even know if it was anger or embarrassment that she was feeling. she was supposed to be angry at him for deceiving her, but a shade of pink dusted her cheeks as she thought of the tears that she shed for him. now he knew she cared.

shifting her hair to cover her face, she headed straight towards the door. she knew she would go back for jungkook later, but at that moment, she just needed some space to think. and that definitely wasn't going to happen with baekhyun staring at her in the room.

just as her hand brushed the door handle, baekhyun spoke. "i was curious." 

sunmi stopped. her hand twitched to press down on the handle but his voice sounded so genuine that she felt propelled to listen. she turned around and met baekhyun's gaze.

"you can leave if you want to, i won't stop you." baekhyun's gaze was steady. "but i want you to know that visiting me in your dreams was no coincidence."

sunmi gulped as the details of the dream came rushing back. 

"i don't know why and how you managed to do it, but that can only mean one thing - you're the key to my future events. you're sent to me for a reason."

sunmi frowned. "no way."

baekhyun looked away, a tinge of sadness evident in his brown orbs. "i wish i had control over such things too." a pregnant silence hung in the air, neither of them willing to speak. sunmi didn't know if it was the puppy look that baekhyun was showing, or if she was plain stupid.

but she let go of the door handle.

"i'll stay. tell me, everything."