+six+

LEE SUNMI

"he'd better be fine." i warned as i propped jungkook up against the bookshelf. baekhyun merely mumbled in response which i somewhat made out as "duh". after i was sure that jungkook was comfortably rested, i took a seat in one of the armchairs and faced baekhyun, waiting for him to start talking.

i had listened intently, trying to absorb as much information as i could even when some of it sounded ridiculous. baekhyun is a demon, but whatever he told me contradicted what i read or saw in books and movies.

for one, i got to know that baekhyun couldn't actually teleport. 

"what about your teleportation skills?" i had asked. 

baekhyun frowned. "tele...port?" the word sounded foreign in his mouth. then, he clicked his fingers and mouthed 'ahh' before disappearing. 

the room became eerily quiet. "baekhyun?" i asked in a small voice and gripped the chair's armrests. someone hit the back of my head and i nearly fell forward. with a scowl on my face, i turned around to find baekhyun staring at me with an unamused face. i glared at him.

"i did not teleport. i basically just moved really fast." he grinned, totally ignoring my glare. "it's something like... sprinting." 

"oh." i had nodded slowly. for some reason, i felt disappointed knowing that what i grew up believing in were all lies. 

"a penny for your thoughts?" i jumped at baekhyun's voice, and realized that i was in a daze for quite some time. unknowingly, our faces were in close proximity so i quickly turned away and cleared my throat.

he was still staring at me expectantly. "w-what?" my tone turned out to be harsher than i expected. i seriously hoped he didn't catch the blush that crept up to my cheeks. 

"a penny for your thoughts." he repeated. 

"wouldn't you be rich by now?" i blurted. baekhyun frowned and looked at me questioningly. "huh?"

"you can read my mind, baekhyun." i said as a matter of fact. baekhyun blinked and appeared to be surprised. suddenly, he chortled, his laughter so infectious that i wanted to join in.

until i remembered that i was in hell, and that meant i was still in deep shit.

soon after, his laughter died down but there was an amused glint in his eyes. "you asked me to block you out, remember?"

"well... it is eerie to have someone listening to your thoughts all the time." i retorted. surprisingly, baekhyun looked away and let out a small sigh. "i didn't ask for it. it was passed down to me." 

then it occurred to me that he had a family. but judging by his expression, it seemed like he was reluctant to talk about it so i decided to let the matter rest. 

"you wanted to ask about my family, don't you?" baekhyun asked, with a knowing look in his eyes. as my eyes widened in surprise, he smirked triumphantly. 

"you are too easy to read, sunny." 

sunny? what the hell? 

"i swear you love all the nicknames that i give you." baekhyun grinned. "shut up." i narrowed my eyes.

"so," i tried to divert the topic. "what is it about your family?" baekhyun took his time to walk over to the wall opposite me and leaned against it, his front facing me. i thought he would tease me about the changing of topics but he simply closed his eyes and slid down the wall. dim light shone from a tiny chandelier that i didn't even realize was there. i was sure no one moved to switch on the lightswitch, if there was even one in the first place.