+nineteen+

a/n; because it's been so long since i last updated (my life has been pretty hectic i'm so sorry) i'll give a brief summary of what had happened in case you forgot hahaha.

— sunmi is the reincarnated version of yeonhee

— demon king once mentioned that snow is slowly covering the streets of hell. basically, he's saying that he needs baek's essence if not the entire hell would be frozen.

— pamela and jungkook are still in the human world.

— last chapter ended with sunmi reuniting with baek and the both of them had a lovey dovey scene on the hill :") 

ok end of recap!!!!

revised and edited.

LEE SUNMI

brilliant gold and orange hues pierced through the clouds and spilled on the land. in the distance, a small part of the sky was still painted blue. a few seconds later, it was replaced by a light orange that rapidly melted into a mixture of pastel peach and yellow. soft, amber rays kissed our skin as we made our way down the hill. i couldn't help but pause every now and then to stare into the horizon to take in the mesmerizing view.

it definitely wasn't the 'hell' that i expected. no lava, no monsters lurking around, no demons chasing after me. it was just me and baekhyun, our soft breathing being the only constant sound. his presence alone was enough to set my heart and mind at ease. 

we were halfway down when i noticed something weird. the breeze was definitely turning warmer due to the sunrise but the snow wasn't melting at all. in fact, it appeared to be piling even when there's no snowfall. i turned to baekhyun to ask why that is so.

a look of reluctance flashed across his face as he replied, "just some problems that hell is facing."

"what problems?" i pressed on.

he held onto my hand to hold me steady as we took a large step across boulders. "you don't have to know, sunmi."

i stopped dead in my tracks, causing him to halt as well and look back at me.

"i heard your conversation with your dad the other day. something bad is happening, am i right?"

baekhyun sighed and pursed his lips. his eyes darted left and right as if contemplating about something before extending his hand towards me. 

"come on, i'll tell you on the way."

taking his hand, we treaded the last stone step and set feet on the flat ground. the streets were empty just like before. houses lined the pavements but there was hardly any movement. other than the both of us, only a few dogs roamed the streets. as if my thoughts were aloud, baekhyun glanced at me.

"there's no one here other than us." he told me. "this place is a manifestation of my thoughts."

my eyes widened. "what?!"

"there are many dimensions in hell. treat it as we are in one of the many thousands of dimensions. all dimensions are empty unless a demon decides to inhabit one, and he or she will have to create an entire world based on their own imagination. so the houses, streets, dogs, hills, and literally anything you can think of — i manifested them."

"woah."

"woah indeed." he cracked a smile that had a hint of pride in it. a pembroke welsh corgi came pouncing over to baekhyun and jumped as high as it could to get his attention. chuckling, he crouched and petted its head before nuzzling his nose against its soft golden brown fur. i had to stop myself from squealing.