+fifteen+

yO IM BACK.

typing this because i'm supposed to research on equality of opportunity but i read through the pdfs about it and gdi i don't know what they are talking about. it's just full of profound words,  the only words i recognize are "equality of opportunity" what even-

LEE SUNMI

"f-father?"

the door had opened to reveal a man in his late thirties. he was dressed sharply in a maroon suit, a pair of black pants, and completed with a pair of gleaming leather dress shoes. my gaze traveled upwards and nearly gasped when i took a good look at his face. sure, he looked like he was in his late thirties, but his charisma was undeniable. with his carefully tousled hair and chiseled chin, he looked like a model stepped out from a fashion magazine. his skin was pale, and i could almost feel the coldness emanating from it. however, it was not the sickly kind of pale. it's the i-don't-give-a-shit-about-you-and-i-can-break-you-in-half-anytime.

his eyes, however, told a different story.

i found myself staring into dark orbs that beckoned me closer. just like kai's, his eyes hid many secrets. these secrets, however, invited me to uncover them, to discover their dark beauty. i gulped, but i couldn't stop myself from taking a few steps forwards. a soft lullaby played somewhere at the back of my mind, and it felt so surreal but yet it put my mind at ease, pulling me in ever so slowly.

i was aware of myself taking tiny steps forwards like a robot. at that moment, everything else didn't matter. it was just me and the guy.

and then,

a familiar voice, shouting.

the words sounded muffled, as if i was a million miles away from the person who shouted. but i could clearly hear the voice trembling with rage and urgency.

"i said stop, father!" the voice roared.

that yanked me out of my reverie. the lullaby stopped at once, giving way to an eerie silence. i blinked twice to find that i was merely 3 steps away from the mysterious guy, otherwise known as baekhyun's father. baekhyun was grabbing painfully tight on to my right arm, his stance dangerously predatory as he glared at his father. i could literally imagine the smoke coming out from him as i sensibly moved backwards. baekhyun, on the other hand, pulled me behind him ever so slightly. 

the guy let out a light laugh. well, it sounded light, but echoed throughout the entire house. when he spoke, his voice was deep and it sounded like a child, a grown up, an old man, all together. i had no idea how that worked, but it made me even more confused and i hated it. 

"what's this beautiful young lady doing here?" i couldn't see him, but i could hear the smile in his voice.

baekhyun tensed. "... the usual."

usual? 

"ahh. i should've known. those hickeys on her neck..." the guy chuckled. "i'm sorry to have interrupted you guys." 

my eyes widened as i fought the urge to deny. baekhyun clenched his fists and i knew it was best for me to not speak at all. 

"but son, i have something important to discuss with you. spare me a few minutes before you continue with your..." he trailed off. this time, i felt his intense gaze burning right through baekhyun and falling on me. 

"meal." he finished. i risked a glance to see a smirk on his face. upon seeing me, he winked and i could feel my insides shriveling. looking at him was like looking at a dying rose with thorns that could still kill.