3.9 "Now Go Get Him"

Monday, January 5, 2015 - morning

"Happy New Year Hailey!" I was at my locker when Mackenzie came from behind to give me a hug. 

"Happy New Year! Did you go to Bailey's party?" I asked. I don't recall seeing her.

"Yup. Did you?"

"Yea but I don't remember seeing you"

"Oh it's ok I was with someone most of the time anyway. You probably don't know him but he's Calum's friend. Oh I gotta go, bye Hailey" she says before I even had the chance to ask the name of whoever that guy was. I probably know him if he's Calum's friend but oh well. 

I close my locker and start to walk but I make eye contact with the guy who's been avoiding me ever since the party. 

Calum.

We lock eyes until he turns the corner and looks away. I sigh. 

"Hey Hailey" Ashton approaches me and gives me a hug.

"Oh hey" I give a small smile.

"What's wrong? I mean I know it's the first day back but you can be a little happier" he jokes.

I laugh. "I just saw Calum"

"Oh" his entire expression changed from those 4 words. "Well I mean you did leave him right after he confessed his feelings for you. You can't expect him to be happy about that"

"But I'm doing the right thing" I argue.

"Yes Hailey I know. You think you're only feeling this way because you miss Luke, I know you told us. You can tell me that all you want but I still think you're wrong"

"Do you hate me?" I ask quietly.

"I can never hate you Hailey. I just think you made a mistake. I'll see you later Hails" He kisses me on the forehead and walks to his first class. I sigh again. With exams coming up I really don't need this type of added stress. 

2nd period

"What wrong, why do you look sadder than me? And you know how much I hate school" Juliet asks me in the change room.

"Nothing" I shrugged.

"Shut up and spill"

"...I saw Calum this morning" I confessed.

"Oh" and just like Ashton, her entire expression changed. "Well you can't expect him to be happy about it, you left him af-"

"Yea yea I know I left him after he confessed his feelings for me" I interrupt her, quite annoyed by now.

"Hey don't get mad at me just because you made a mistake. There's no one else to blame except yourself" 

"I'm sorry I..." I couldn't even explain myself any more. I don't know how or what to feel and think any more. 

"Don't apologize. I'm not mad at you. I just think you made a mistake" she tells me softly and walks out into the gym. 

"I hate my life" I grumble softly covering my face. 

Friday, January 16, 2015 - night

The past 2 weeks were the worst weeks that I've ever experienced in my entire life. Calum kept avoiding me. I kept avoiding Luke and Adrianna. Ashton and Juliet were always together either making me alone or third wheel. And I really didn't know which one was worse. I wish things could go back to how it was at the start of the school year. I wish Luke never cheated on me. I wish Calum never told me how he felt. I wish I wasn't so stupid and confused with my feelings. I wish Ashton and Juliet just told me about their relationship before when it began. I stuff my face into my pillow and scream as loudly as I can. And there's exams starting in like a week. I scream again. There was a knock on my door.