Puzzle Pieces

Amazing_Vanessa
This is for you Pooh..Thanks for the comments

My head whipped around to face the door that Khalif was standing behind. Tears were burning behind my eyes but I wouldn't let the pressure relieve itself.

It had been to many times that he'd done this, it seemed as if it has become a ritual for him. But he had no idea who the hell he was fucking over.

"Come On Vanessa I told you I was fucking Drunk!" He screamed on the other side of the door, his fist banging on its metal frame.

A laugh escaped my lips "WAS THIS BEFORE OR AFTER YOU STUCK IT IN!?"

I could hear him sigh on the other side of the door. I was to amped to let him just give up so I walked over to the door and let him in.

This was the 3rd time he had cheated. I was a very forgiving person but someones generosity could only extend so far. "This is your house, so I'll be leaving. " I grabbed up my coat and keys and slowly made my way to the front door.

To no surprise Khalif grabbed my arm and yanked me hard enough for us to be body to body. "Your not leaving me."

I looked down a crooked smile carving my lips my brown skin heating in anger "Im not?"

He shook his head no "Do you remember what I told you the last time we had an argument over this same exact thing?"

Khalif shook his head no. Of course he didn't remember "I spend to much of my valuable precious time on you, and I now realize how useless I am to you. So whats there to stay for? It's certainly not to be cheated on time and time again."

He tried to pull me in to kiss me but I slapped him across his face. Shock was scribbling itself upon Khalif's face, never had either of us put our hands on each other. "Khalif if you really love me just let me go, because your hurting me more than your helping me."

I clutched my keys in my hand, I was squeezing so hard the keys were digging into the palm of my hand.

As I made it to the front door I stopped and looked back at a guilty looking Khalif. Four long years I had been with him, and it seems as if he has 'a lets cheat once a year' type thing going on.

When I made it out of the front door the pressure lifted itself from off of my shoulders. I could already hear him throwing things around the house and yelling and cursing.

No matter how much I wanted to go in there I reminded myself of the very thing I told him last time we had this talk. 'Let this ever happen again, I'll be gone and I wont come back."

Just as I got into my car Khalif came running out, "VANESSA PLEASE! VANESSA!"
I quickly locked the doors to the car, looking up at my soon to be Ex. There is no doubt in the world that I love him but sometimes the most seemingly beautiful things can be the most dangerous.

Loving him could be the best and worst thing I've ever did. I started the car and set the gears to reverse, I looked up at him one last time before pulling out of the drive way.

I didn't know where I was driving, I just drove. As I was passing a diner I decided to pull in. I did just that and got out of the car, I slowly walked in. The door made a ding noise and I took a seat up at the counter, a old lady sat a seat or two down from me, it looked as if she had been in her early 80's.

"What can I get for you?" A woman in what looked to be her 30's asked.

My fingers tapped against the counter top
"I'd like a cup of coffee please."

When the waitress walked away the older woman a few seats down from me spoke up. "It looks like you been going through it tonight young lady." Her old voice was dry and cracked.

My head slightly lowered itself "That noticeable huh?"

She laughed a little "Listen hear, I may be some old bat but I know a heartbreak when I see one I've been through my fair share. Whats your name hun?"

"Vanessa."

"Well Vanessa, Can I share something with you?"

I nodded my head.

"Love is like a puzzle. Sometimes its easy and sometimes its hard. When its easy its not real and when its difficult that means it's something true. If you know the love is real, you'll be able to clearly see a picture, like on the front of the jig saw puzzle boxes. All the pieces might be a little hard to put together, but when they are put together you'll see how wonder full the puzzle came out." She smiled at me.

The waitress set my cup off coffee down "Thank you." I spoke to the waitress.

This elder sitting next to me seemed like she was a little to caught up in the love fest, but I politely nodded and thanked her for her advice.

After finishing my coffee, I went out side and sat in my car. Maybe the old woman was right, maybe I was trying to force pieces together that just weren't a match. Maybe I was doing something wrong.

I pulled out my phone to see I had 26 missed calls from Khalif. A sigh passed my lips, I started the car and I drove back to the house.

As I made it to the front door I had to forcefully push the door open. I stepped inside to see furniture everywhere, "Khalif?"

I called out for Khalif a few times and with no answer I walked to our room. There was music literally blasting from inside of our room, I layed my hand on the door knob but before I could open it, the door swung open.

Khalif grabbed me up into his strong arms embracing me "I don't want to loose you Nessa!"

My head layed itself into the crook of his neck as I stroked his face "I know. I realized that I don't make anything easy for you, I nag you constantly, I never give you any attention any more, its like Your here but your not. So it's not all your fault and I apologize for that Khalif."

Kahlif hugged me tighter and I wrapped my small arms around his frame.

I know he isn't perfect and neither am I, but I love this boy. No matter how many times I say I'm not coming back, I am I'm going to run back and probably fall face first infront of him.

Because this boy right here has my heart.