Soft Hearted Thug

I looked over at my phone constantly waiting on a buzz, I had gotten into this huge argument with Lucas but I didn't mean anything I said. My head fell back onto the couch as my nose burned and eyes watered.

It'd had been 4 long years with this nigga and it was time for him to stop with all the games he played.

"Lord I just want him outta of the streets that's all!" I banged my fists into the cushions.

He was a thug and I should have known falling for him was going to cause problems, but the way he showed me love was like no one else could. He understood me better than anyone else could. I shouldn't have said I hated him.

Lord knows I love that boy to the bottom of my heart. My phone buzzed and I eagerly picked it up, but the name that flashed across the screen wasn't Lucas's.

"What D?" I asked sharply.

"Come and get Lucas he is tripping dude. I left him down stairs but he out of it, he had one too many drinks and I got shit to handle and I can't leave him here to smoke up what we suppose to be selling." Demarcus spoke.

A huff passed my lips "Demarcus you know that we not on good terms right no-"

D cut me off "I don't give a fuck what y'all are on, until he in his right mind you need to get him the fuck up outta the trap. I aint tryna have my brotha blood on my hands and the way he acting he gone get us all killed. Its been 2 weeks since y'all called it quits you need to come and get ya nigga and fix him."

A huff dragged out past my lips, I hate that I was so fucking prideful. I need to push my pride to the side and fix this.

"I'm on my way D."

The line went dead, I grabbed my car keys and left heading towards the back streets of Main. That's where D and his crew which included Lucas did most of they deals it's also where they main trap was.

I pulled my car around back and headed in through the back door. Demarcus was sitting in a stool up at the island sorting through a few stacks. "Until he get his shit together he not aloud back, he got us into some deep shit last week. He dropped nearly a pound of blow last week and we gotta make up for that shit cuz of him."

"D c'mon you know he aint tryna fuck y'all over-"

D held his hand up "Liyah I know you not up for his bullshit either, but lil nigga trippin out cuz of you. So your gonna fix it. Lil Mama you know what you said fucked up his feelings, I know what ever the hell you said did some to him. He ain't never been like this before not even when he went and fucked Tasia and you threatened to leave his ass, so what ever it is fix it."

A sigh passed my lips and I rubbed my temples. I walked into the living room the smell of weed filling my lungs to its capacity.

Lucas was sprawled across the couch his eyes closed, but I knew he wasn't asleep. I laid my hand on his bicep. His eyes peeped open and he snatched his arm away from me. "Aaliyah get the hell outta here."

"No Lucas. You are coming home with me."

He reached over to the table and took a puff out of a blunt he had lit. "I aint going no fucking where."

"Getcha ass up. You ain't in your right mind and Ion need you to get hurt if something goes down, here. Just come home and when you sober up if you want to leave you can."
I pleaded.

Lucas sat up his grill shining "You said you hated me Liyah..YOU FUCKIN HATE ME SO STOP ACTING LIKE YOU CARE."

I kept my cool and looked down at him my dark brown eyes glaring into his light ones. "We can talk about this in the car or at home."