(2) Bippity-Boppity BOOYAH!

We got home and mom did a quick check over me. Turns out my foot is just mildly sprained but I have a deep and ugly looking bruise on my upper hip with blotches of blue, green, yellow and purple. That's like, half the rainbow!

My face didn't suffer as much, with a slightly bruised print and a scratch on my cheek. My lip also has a small split to it.

I was given a proper introduction to aunt Leah and found out she's some top designer. I also found out she hates my nickname 'Eli' because, and I quote, 'it sounds like a boys name'.

After my check over I was forced to explain...

"Look, mom, it was just some bratty kids from school. I was slapped a bit and that's it," I say as she stands in front of me frowning.

"That doesn't explain the ridiculously large bruise on your hip and sprained foot! I'm a nurse, not an idiot!"

Sighing, I hang my head in defeat for the second time today.

"She slapped me then threw her lunch tray at me. And you know as well as I do that it's barely a sprained foot. Besides, that one was my fault. I... Accidentally kicked a wall. Look, I as much as you don't want to let her get away with this but for now, I'm exhausted and covered in spaghetti sauce and just want to shower and rest. Now will you please let me do at least that?"

Her frown wavers and she sighs, shaking her head.

"Go ahead, but we're not finished here." Damn my mom is stubborn. Now I see where I get it from....

Back to the present has me freshly showered and laying face down on my bed in a clean pair of sweats on a Tuesday morning.

Mom gave me the day off school today to rest my injured foot. Not that I wanted to go to school today. The painkillers have helped and the swelling has stopped. I can walk around normally now. It's still bandaged but there's barely any pain radiating from it.

I hear a knock on my door and mumble a little 'come in' with my face still smothering my bed.

"Well, don't you just look like a ray of sunshine!"

I sit up at the unfamiliar chirpy voice and see my red headed aunt standing at the door. She's beautiful and young, in her mid 20s at the most. Her hair is in loose waves that cup her face in its short bowl cut, framing her high cheek bones and complimenting her emerald eyes. Like my mother and I, she has pale skin, but she makes it look like it's an advantage.

Her stiletto'd (lol is that a word) heels click as she makes her way over to the foot of my bed. She's not that much taller than me but in those heels, that could be questioned.

"It's time to get up, dear niece. Your mother and I have done some talking. I'm giving you a make over and you're going to love it," she says matter-of-factly.

I groan and roll back over on to my bed.

"I don't need a make over, aunt Leah."

"Oh but you really do. Now come along, if you're not up within the next three seconds I will flip your bed," she smiles sweetly.

I sit there dumbfounded for the next three seconds wondering whether or not she really could do that when my questions are answered as I find myself face first on the floor with my mattress laying on top of me.

Alright, aunt Leah is a monster.

"Now, I'll see you down stairs in a minute. If not, I'll come back up here and drag your sorry ass down myself," she says as she walks out the door.