In The Beginning

Disclaimer: I own nothing; Pitch Perfect or otherwise

January 2016

"Can I take this and have Tommy look at it?" Chloe questioned the producer. Beca nodded. "I mean, I trust you and the label aren't trying to screw me over, just; you know, don't sign anything until someone qualified has looked at it."

"Chlo, don't worry about it. There's no pressure. I just wanted to make sure you had a paper version of the proposed contract before you got a better offer." Beca said with a wink. Though her girlfriend just laughed.

"Oh please, Beca. I don't think any other label could offer what yours does." The brunette just shrugged.

"Hey, you never know. Maybe Epic has a super hot, badass producer that could win your heart." Beca joked, knowing full well that they didn't. Chloe just scoffed.

"Whatever Becs. Now that our business is done, I'm starving. Can we please go get lunch?" Beca nodded, grabbing her jacket off the back of her chair.

"I thought you'd never ask. How do you feel about that Thai place down the street?" She said, grabbing Chloe's hand as they walked out of the DJ's office.

"Sounds great, though I think I'd even settle for McDonalds with how hungry I am."

"Maybe next time Chlo." Beca joked, knowing that fast food was not Chloe's favorite at all. The couple got into the elevator, chatting about various things down and on the way out, waving goodbye to Anna, Beca's secretary.

"So, now that we're officially released from our contracts, I can finally hold your hand in public," Chloe said cheekily, entwining her fingers with the brunette next to her. Beca grinned, gripping Chloe's hand.

"Yup, though I still think we should wait a bit before officially announcing it. NBC can't do anything legally anymore, but there are still smear campaigns." Chloe pouted but knew it was for the best. It wasn't like they really had to hide, they just couldn't come right out and say they were in a relationship yet.

"Rumor mill then? You know if we're seen anywhere in public, the tabloids are going to be all over us." Beca nodded. She had a little bit of experience revealing relationships to the public and it tended to work out the best when people just assumed for themselves.

"Yup. Let the press do all the hard work. Maybe in a month or so, we can officially announce it. Though, that's not going to stop me from taking you out on all sorts of cheesy, romantic dates." Beca said with a smirk as they walked passed a number of shop fronts on their way to lunch. The brunette had covered up with a hat and sunglasses, hoping that in the cool January weather, people would be so busy getting to their destination, they wouldn't look too closely at her.

"You and cheesy? Who would have ever thought?" Chloe teased.

"Oh, c'mon Chlo. I rearranged and recorded a song and gave it to you on a USB to say I was sorry. How much cheese do you want?" Beca responded though the redhead just shrugged.

"I don't know. I'll figure something else out." Beca groaned, knowing that whatever the redhead had in mind, she was probably going to force the DJ to do it in public. The two stopped in front of the Thai restaurant they had in mind for lunch as Beca opened the door for her girlfriend. "A badass with manners? That's rare." Chloe teased.

Beca just scoffed, pushing her girlfriend through the door. "Get in there Beale, before I decide to just shut the door in your face." Chloe just childishly stuck her tongue out at Beca before approaching the counter to place their orders.