Getting Situated

Song Used: Take Back the Night - TryHardNinja

------ January 2016 ------  

"You obviously know how all this works Chlo," Beca said sitting down behind her mixing board as Chloe got settled behind the mic. The redhead nodded, placing the headphone over her ears.

"I think I've had enough experience with this over the last few months." She teased. Beca just rolled her eyes, waiting for Chloe to give her the thumbs up to press play.

Within a week of offering her the paper contract, Chloe had signed on the dotted lines and officially signed on to Beca's label. Tommy had actually been a little surprised at the deal they were offering Chloe, the singer being offered a very generous set of terms. He had encouraged her to jump on it at soon as possible, which the redhead did.

Of course, she had a lot of work to do before they were ready to do any sort of press or release of tracks, but they were going to announce to the press that Chloe had officially been signed within the week. They just wanted Chloe to get settled in before she would inevitably be bombarded with social media notifications and paparazzi swarming her wherever she went.

Beca had cut together a bit of Chloe's original song from the show to be one of the first tracks she debuted under her new label. "You ready to go Chlo?" Beca asked, her finger hovering over the play button as her girlfriend gave her the thumbs up. The producer pressed the play button on her board, the audio playing from the speakers on the computer she had sitting next to her.

Closet full of secrets and skeletons awakes but nothing's true

I used to own a castle now it's boxes that I have to move

Beca had to admit that the song wasn't something she had expected from the redhead, but it was a great one none the less. She could tell where some of the changes came into the singer's life based on the change in tone of the lyrics.

Right here in the darkness, there's nothing left for me to do

It's easier to run away but todayToday we got to

The redhead sang into the microphone. Her nerves weren't nearly as bad as when she had performed it last. Which granted was one of the most nerve-wracking things Chloe had done thus far in her life. As she listened to herself sing, she thought she hadn't sounded this good in a long time. While she tried her best on the show, it was draining to be really performing every week, especially with all the pressure that was on her. It felt nice to just sing and not feel like she really had the world looking over her shoulder.

Cast the shadows out from sight

A final stand a shouting cryAll the wrongs now turned to rightSo fight the pastTake back the night

And call upon the torch tonight

To bring out all the ghosts to lightBecause at last we have to go it's timeTo take back the night

Beca pressed the stop button at the end of the first chorus, pressing the intercom button. "That sounded great Chlo. Better than on the show if I might be so bold." Chloe nodded in agreement from behind the glass.