An Announcement

----- February 2016 -----

"You ready for this Chlo? You know your life is going to change after we announce this." Beca asked her girlfriend, immediately prior to their press release. The redhead nodded.

"As ready as I'll ever be," She said nervously. Beca patted Chloe on the shoulder.

"You'll be fine. It's just the next step to becoming a professional artist. It'll be okay." Chloe nodded, not trusting herself to speak. She knew that Beca was right and it was a necessary step to announce it to the public. But that didn't make her any less nervous. Beca nodded, pushing through the door into the room with a number of waiting reporters.

There were cameras flashing at the two musicians and a number of reporters yelling their questions at the two. "Beca, are the rumors true that you and Ellie are collabing on her album?"

"Chloe, since your second place on The Voice, have you decided to quit music?" That one offended Chloe slightly. As if she'd be so petty to quit her job just because she lost to Stacie. The two girls sat down in on their stools at the front of the room, Beca raising her hand for people to stop yelling. All of the reporters took their seats, their pens and recorders at the ready.

"I'm sure you all have been excited about this announcement," Beca said. "And I'm sure there have been a number of rumors flying around especially regarding Chloe Beale and my label. And I want to dispel any of the rumors. Yes, we've signed her to Mitchell Records and she is the newest artist that my label is representing." With the end of Beca's statement, the room exploded with questions as well as the flashes of cameras. Chloe had tried to be prepared for all the excitement, but of course, being in the moment was a totally different thing.

"Hey, hey, hey. Calm down. You there, question?" Beca pointed to one of the reporters.

"Yes, Joshua Nash from People. How does it feel? To go from a relatively unknown musician to one of the most promising up and coming artists in under a year?" The question obviously directed at Chloe. The brunette producer encouraged her to speak up.

"Very gratifying. I don't know what I did to deserve this chance with my career, but I've never been one to look a gift horse in the mouth so to speak. I'm really grateful to Beca and her label for the opportunity." Joshua nodded, thanking the artist for her answer. The producer pointed at another journalist.

"Jordan Simon with Star! Does your close friendship with Chloe Beale have anything to do with your contract with her?" Chloe felt a bit more than slightly offended at the question but Beca was quick to shut that reporter down.

"Mr. Simon. I've been in this industry for over five years. Never have I let my personal connections or feelings impact my label or business. Star! of all outfits should know that." Beca bit back at the report. The tabloid a couple of years ago had driven the news of her removing an ex-girlfriend from her label because of drug problems. They had blamed the falling out on a bad break up and that Beca was framing her ex for drug use, even though the woman had gone to rehab shortly after. Needless to say that the producer had no love for the reporting agency. "Next question, you." Beca moved on.

"Jessica Taylor from Billboard. First off, I'd like to congratulate you, Chloe on your new contract and that I'm sure all of us are looking forward to what you're going to do. I would like to ask you if you have a plan going forward, now that you're signed to a new label." Beca nodded, prompting Chloe to answer honestly.

"I have a number of unfinished songs, along with a couple that are finished that I want to take a closer look at. I've been singing covers for what seems like ever. So getting into and sharing my own music kind of seem a little scary. But it's a new step up in my career and I'm looking forward to sharing it, even it seems a little overwhelming. I'm looking into releasing some singles first off within the next few months but I do want to pursue an album at some point if that's what fans want to see." Chloe finished truthfully. The reporter thanked the artist and Chloe was grateful that at least a couple of reporters in the room were professional and polite.