Chapter Twelve

Oli's POV:

I hadn't left Leo's bedroom in two days. After I'd left Garrett's stupid white house, breaking a few of his ugly white vases on my way out, I'd ran the whole way back to Leo's normal red bricked house. I'd been a sobbing mess by the time I was pounding on the front door. Now I laid on his bed, staring at the ceiling as he stroked my hair. There was a large void where my heart had once been but I couldn't bring myself to feel angry anymore. Or hurt. Or even upset. I was overcome by a placid acceptance; I had known Ash would cheat on me eventually so it had come as no shock. Well, a bit of a shock... The image of my Ash beneath that man-whore Garrett was burned into my mind. I saw it every time I closed my tired eyes.

Leo had been really supportive the last few days and even Mr and Mrs De Luca had offered a few consoling hugs.

"Oli..." Leo whispered, gazing down at me sadly, "You're seeing your dad today." He reminded me. I nodded slowly, looking up at him to offer an encouraging smile.

I was excited to meet my dad. He hadn't contacted me to check our plans were still in place but hopefully they hadn't changed.

"Where are you meeting him?" Leo asked. He'd eventually come to terms with me wanting to meet my dad but he was still refusing to come with me.

"In town. At a restaurant, I think. I don't know, Rachel's never been good at passing on messages." I cringed inwardly at the mention of my mum, still unable to think of what happened without crying. Pathetic, I know, but I can't help it.

"Okay." Leo answered with a sigh.

"If you keep sighing your soul will escape." I muttered, quoting the cute guy I'd met in town. Apparently he'd made an impression on me.

"What?" Leo asked, confused. I just shrugged and sat up. I shook my legs to wake them up then climbed off the bed and announced I was going to shower. Leo nodded and turned his x-box on, putting some kind of zombie game into the player.

I saw my reflection in the bathroom mirror and almost laughed. I looked horrifying. My hair was greasy and sticking up in all directions, my face was tear-stained. It still hurt whenever I thought of Ash, but I would have to get over it. He was moving on so I should too. I forced a smile, distracting myself with random funny thoughts until the smile became genuine. I quickly undressed and hopped into the comforting shower, scrubbing my body roughly as I started singing the most upbeat song I could think of, which happened to be Bad Enough For You by All Time Low. Before long I was dancing along to the song and my volume had increased dramatically as I reached the second chorus. I had sung the song a few times over by the time I'd finished washing, and I was still singing it as I walked back into Leo's room. He turned his head and raised an amused eyebrow at me which encouraged me to sing louder as I came to the end of the song, adding in my own dance moves as I hummed the outro. I finished with jazz hands, conscious of the towel hanging precariously from my waist.

"That was beautiful, princess." He mocked, throwing his controller at me with a grin. I caught the controller in midair and stuck my middle finger up at him.

"Asshole..." I muttered, pouting.

"I've lost my fucking mind, it happens all the time, cause I can't stand myself. I'm an asshole, baby." Leo sang, bobbing his head to the beat. I laughed, throwing the controller back at him. He choked back a scream and flinched away from it, hiding behind his bed frame. Still chortling to myself, I scurried to the dresser to pick out my clothes. I settled on a pair of electric blue skinny jeans and a white t-shirt. Hadn't that kid from town been wearing similar jeans? I smiled, jokingly deciding he would be my future husband.