Chapter Nineteen

Silas' POV:

I followed behind Oli nervously, feeling my anxiety grow with every step I took away from the hotel room. My mind screamed at me to turn back. To run from Oli, and my problems. But I knew I couldn't. Truthfully, I didn't see what the big deal was; I don't blame my mum for lashing out at me, it had been my fault. Stupidly, I had knocked her wine glass from her hand whilst walking past her, shattering the glass and staining her favourite top. It was a red chiffon top with sequins on the bust line and lace across the hem. Vince had bought it for her one Mother's Day.

I sighed audibly, earning myself a pained glance from Oli. I suppressed the urge to growl at him, my fists clenching as he held the hotel door open for me. We exited the hotel and I blindly followed him, no idea where he was taking me. Oli tried, on many occasions, to prompt a conversation out of me but I answered with short sentences and strange, inhuman grunts. I wasn't in the mood to talk.

After maybe ten minutes of walking in silence, we arrived at a coffee house. The same coffee house he'd taken us to last time. The time when his asshole friend had threatened Vince and I, as well as that sweet girl Oli was friends with. I forget her name.

I felt my anger bubbling up as I relived the events in my head. I pushed down the bad emotions, breathing in and out deeply just as my counsellor had told me to. The anger management classes were working.

I suddenly became aware that I'd stopped walking. Oli noticed too, "Silas, are you okay?" He asked.

I nodded stiffly, forcing myself to push through the door to Starbucks, hearing Oli catch the door as it swung shut and follow behind me.

"I hope they haven't banned you from here after last time," Oli joked, grinning. I shot him a deathly glare to which he recoiled from, then he muttered a quiet, "I'm sorry."

"Why would you bring me here, Oli?" I grumbled, rubbing my neck as I scanned the room for anybody who might recognise me.

Oli's face showed confusion, "Si, I was joking, they're not gonna kick you out." He promised, misinterpreting me.

"No, I mean, why a cafe? You know I can't drink coffee." I grumbled sadly. I really love coffee but I'm not allowed to drink it.

"Oh..." Oli whispered, understanding then guilt overwhelming him, "You can get a hot chocolate?" He tried.

"Don't like milk." I told him with a shrug, growing impatient. Subconsciously, I started bouncing on my heels, looking up only slightly at Oli and he looked slightly down. I hate being short.

"Okay, new plan." Oli announced loudly, clapping his hands together, drawing the attention of a few nearby people. I shied away from their judgemental eyes.

Oli took my hand and dragged me out of the cafe, walking fast and purposefully, "What's the new plan?" I asked nervously, my palm sweating in Oli's. Once we were out of the cafe, I pulled my hand from his, catching the hurt on his face before it disappeared. My heart sunk and I felt guilty.

He quickly brushed it off, a smile returning to his lips, "The new plan... is to think of a plan." Oli started off confidently, then trailed off as he realised he didn't have a plan.

I waited for him to think of somewhere for us to go, since he knew the area better than I did. Eventually, I saw a lightbulb go off, "I know! We can go to the park. The park's awesome. Then we can go bowling so I can whoop yo ass." Oli yelled the last part and I laughed with him, nodding eagerly.