Chapter Twenty Two [END]

Oli's POV:

"You're really leaving." Kara mumbled, tears glistening in the corners of her eyes. I nodded, pulling her in for a tight embrace.

I observed the crowd of loved ones surrounding me in the park, my emotions almost overwhelming me completely. Kara was a blubbering mess; Rick smiled softly, his arms wrapped around Terry's waist; Vince was sitting by my feet along with Silas; and Leo was watching me with a heartbroken expression, a few feet away from everyone else.

"I'll come back to see you guys," I assured Kara, stroking her hair affectionately. I met Leo's eyes as I said; "I promise."

Leo's sad smile almost broke my heart. I reminisced about the years I'd known him; we've been through so much together. The memory that clung to my mind the most was our kiss in this very park, only a few weeks ago. Maybe, if I weren't leaving, we could have been something.

Then there was Kara: the happiest girl I know, with the biggest heart, whom I somehow have the pleasure of calling my best friend. When I first moved to London, Kara had been one of my only friend for a long time before she'd introduced me to Leo. In the time I've been in England, I've come to know her better than anyone.

"I love you, K." I whispered meaningfully, hugging the petite girl tighter. I felt tears prick my eyes but I held them back.

Kara pulled away slightly and held my face in her hands, memorising every detail as she answered, "I love you too, Oli. If you don't message me at least once a day I swear to God-"

I laughed at the seriousness in her voice, "I will. I'll message you so much you'll be sick of me."

Kara planted a wet kiss on my cheek then gestured her head towards Leo who was swinging gently by himself on the swings, "Go." She commanded gently.

I nodded swiftly and untangled myself from her arms. I announced to Terry, Rick and the boys that I'd be back soon then I wandered towards the swing and sat next to Leo. He was staring ahead, and I wasn't sure if he was aware of my presence. His hands tightened on the chains then he breathed in deeply.

"Do you remember the day we first met?" Leo asked and I nodded instantly, "It was Kara's 14th birthday party and the three of us went bowling, along with a few of her other friends. I remember the moment I first saw you; I pushed through the entrance door and looked around for Kara, and the two of you were chatting and giggling and I saw your smile. It melted my heart. That was the real moment I started to fall for you-"

Leo broke off suddenly and gulped. I met his eyes and saw he was crying, which caused my own eyes to brim with nostalgic tears. I remembered the day of Kara's birthday party very well because it was the night that I first kissed Ash, who had been friends with Kara at this point.

Leo wiped at his eyes and laughed loudly. I smiled back, then he continued telling his story and I listened intently, "And when Kara noticed me, she waved me over. The smile in your eyes was magnetic when you looked at me. I froze in my tracks-"

I chuckled as I recalled the memory, "And you pretended to tie your shoelace, even though it was clearly already tied."

"Hey," Leo whined, nudging me gently, "I was nervous."

"I didn't think you knew you were gay at this point?" I asked.

"I knew. I just denied it for a long time. I saw you kissing Ashton later that night, and then I felt awkward so I made myself believe that whatever I'd felt was a trick of the mind." Leo mused.