Chapter 17

(Y/N)'s P.O.V:

"Wh-what?" Petra stutters with tears in her eyes.

"Petra" I start saying but she shakes her head and turns around and runs away, "Shit, what are we going to do?"

"Don't you feel sympathy?" Levi says while looking at me skeptically.

"Kind of" I say with a shrug, "I never felt sympathy, I've felt sadness, but not sympathy."

"What should we tell her?" Levi asks.

"That we've been dating since now" I say while holding my chin.

"Why not since the day you got arrested?" Levi asks.

"Because that would hurt her even more" I say, "If we tell her we have been dating behind her back she would grow upset."

"You're right" Levi says, "Tch. Let's tell them, they should be having dinner now."

I nod and Levi holds my hand. We walk through the hallways and into the dinning hall. Everyone looks at us and I see Petra sitting next to Oluo.

"Why is (Y/N) and shorty holding hands?!" Hanji screams while jumping out of her chair and running to us.

"We have something to say" I say while looking at Levi.

"You guys are getting married!" Hanji screams happily, ignoring Petra's feelings.

"No!" I exclaim while shaking my head, "We're dating."

"Since when?" Eren asks.

"Tch. Since today brat"  Levi says coldly towards Eren.

I jab Levi's stomach with my elbow and I glare at him, "Remember what I told you."

"Tch" Levi says while crossing his arms over his chest, "Sorry."

"What was that?" I tease him.

"You heard what I said" Levi exclaims while glaring at me.

"Oh!" Hanji exclaims, "(Y/N)'s and shorty's first love quarrel!"

Petra gets up quickly and she walks out of the room. I tell everyone to stay in the dinning hall and I sprint to catch up with Petra.

"Petra, wait!" I exclaim while grabbing her forearm and pulling her around so she can face me.

"Leave me alone" Petra harshly whispers.

"I can't because I want to explain things to you" I say while looking at her in the eyes to show her I cared.

"That you enchanted Levi with your demonic powers?" Petra says while pulling her arm away from my grasp, "I already know that."

"I didn't enchant Levi!" I exclaim, "Sirens do that."

"What is that?" Petra asks.

"Nothing" I say while shaking my head, "Petra I want to be your friend."

"Well, friends don't date a friend's crush" Petra says.

"I'm not giving up Levi" I say with my arms crossed.

"Why not?" Petra asks, "You can enchant someone else."

"Stop saying I 'enchant' people" I say with my teeth gritted.

"But it's the truth!" Petra exclaims, "I've heard that demons enchant their prey to gain what they want and to use them like puppets!"

"Don't believe everything you read, sweatie" I say in a low voice, "If you believe everything people say, then you will end up broken."