seventy-one

(HEY THIS MADE ME CRY WHILE WRITING IT GOOD FUCKING LUCK!!!)

"mr. urie?" the receptionist called, "you may see him now."

brendon's head shot up and he quickly stood up, almost falling from how quickly he stood up. "what room?" brendon asked, running to the desk. the receptionist muttered a number and brendon quickly made his way down the hall towards the room. 

he approached the door and quickly pushed it open, seeing his boyfriend laying unconscious in the hospital bed. brendon covered his mouth, tears threatening to spill out of his eyes. 

ryan laid there, his pale upper body which was not covered by the hospital blanket and gown and visible to brendon, covered in black and blue and purple bruises and gashes and cuts. his brown hair was sprawled all over his face, his chest rising and falling gently. 

and brendon wanted to fucking cry.

"hey, baby..." brendon whispered to his unconscious boyfriend, pulling a chair up to his hospital bed and gently laying his hand on top of ryan's. tears gently poured out his eyes.

"now, listen, i know you can't hear me, or, well, maybe you can but i dont know," brendon whispered, "you're gonna be okay baby, you're gonna be okay, we're gonna be okay." 

he reached his hand up and gently brushed his hair out of his face. he stood and gently pressed a kiss to his forehead. "baby boy, you listen to me." he whispered, his voice all crying-wobbly, "when you wake up, i'm never going to fucking leave your side." 

he took ryan's cold hand in his two warm ones and held it tightly, kissing his fingers, "jesus fucking christ, we're gonna be happy ryan, it's all gonna be okay. i wanna spend the rest of my life with you so fucking badly, and i know you can't hear me, but i fucking wanna marry you so fucking badly, baby. you're the best thing that's happened to me. and i can't imagine my life without you, fuck," brendon sniffled and wiped his eyes. he stood back up and gave ryan one more kiss on his head.

"sir, you need to leave." a nurse told him as she walked by.

"i know." he whispered, gently laying his arm on the side of his laying body, "when you wake up, god, we're gonna to spend the rest of our long fucking lives together, i love you so fucking much, ry.." he croaked out, wiping his eyes. 

and then he left.