Japan x Reader: Happy Birthday

So yeah, this may be a little short, because I have a deadline for this one, which is like... three days so... yeah! Let's hope it turns out well! *crosses fingers* Also, I'm not going to do accents for any characters, like turning Japan's l's into r's, because although that may be how they talk, it is very difficult to get correct in writing, and it's also irritating for the readers. Just know that they still have their accents, I just wont include them in the dialog. I will use speech patterns, and use words from their native languages however, so... Enjoy!

Today was the day. February 11. Today was your best friend/boyfriend's birthday. And you were going to his house to give him his present. Oh! I forgot to mention his name! Of course, you should already know from the title but I'll tell you anyway. (Me: Fourth wall? What fourth wall? Romano: *facepalm* The one you just broke Narnia. You bas- Me: No swearing!) Your boyfriend's name is Kiku Honda, the Personification of Japan. And yes, you are a country as well. You are the Personification of (C/N).

Well, thanks to Author-chan breaking the fourth wall (Romano: NARNIA! Me: Sorry!) and wasting time, you had already arrived at Kiku's house. You hid the gift you brought for him behind your back, and knocked on his door. You could hear shuffling, and a quiet, "One moment please!" You smiled at the sound of his voice. The door opened, revealing a young-looking man with black hair, and deep brown eyes. He smiled.

"Kon'nichiwa, (Y/N)-chan. Won't you come in?"

He stepped aside to let you inside, and you entered the traditional Japanese-style house. You took off your shoes and put on the slippers that Kiku gave you. He led you to the living room, and you both sat at the kotatsu.  You set the gift next to you, out of Kiku's sight.

"What brings you here today?" Kiku asked. To anyone else, it would have seemed like he really didn't know why you were here, but you knew him better than that. You detected the slight bit of excitement in his voice, and a touch of the same emotion in his usually emotionless eyes.

You grinned and grabbed the gift from beside you. It was a box wrapped in Attack on Titan wrapping paper. You didn't put a bow on it because you thought it would look funny with the paper. 

.

.

.

Also because Author-chan was too lazy to think of a bow that would work. (Romano: Mio Dio woman! Me: Last time I swear!)

.

.

.

Anyway, you gave the anime-wrapped gift to Kiku, whose eyes lit up at the sight of it. 

"Happy Birthday Kiku!"

"Thank you, (Y/N)-chan. You did not have to get me a gift."

"Yes, I did actually. I'm your girlfriend, I'm supposed to do things like this. Besides, everyone deserves a gift on their special day. Now hurry and open it!"

He smiled and did as you said. When he got it open, he gasped.

"How did you find this?"

"I have my connections."

You had gotten him a limited edition copy of a rare manga. As expected, it was almost impossible to find, even for the personification of Japan. You had also gotten him a chibi plush of Hatsune Miku, and the newest season of his favorite anime. He looked at you, eyes shining with rarely shown mirth.

"Arigatou, (Y/N)-chan, very much."

"You're welcome Kiku."

You two spent the rest of the day together. You mostly watched the anime season you got him, but you did a lot of talking as well. At some point, you both migrated to the couch, which you were still surprised he had. You had started out with enough space for another person between you, but by the time the sun started to set, your head was on Kiku's shoulder, and his arm was around your waist. The episode you were watching had just ended, and the credits were rolling. That's when you got an idea.

"Kiku?"

"Hm?" He acknowledged, still looking at the screen.

"I forgot, I have another present for you."

He looked at you, a questioning look in his eyes. "You do?"

You nodded, and your lips pulled up in a smile, despite your efforts to keep a straight face. "But you have to close your eyes."

He looked slightly suspicious but did as you commanded. Once you were sure his eyes were closed, you leaned up ever so slowly, and gently brushed his lips with yours, closing your own eyes. His eyes shot open, but slowly closed again, and moved his lips against yours. One of your hands found its way into his soft hair, and he held the back of your neck, deepening the kiss. It was your first kiss with him. Actually, it was your first kiss with anyone. You had been saving it for someone special, and you had decided that you couldn't think of anyone else that you would rather share it with. After a bit, you gently broke the kiss, panting slightly from the lack of oxygen. You opened your eyes, to see the raven-haired country smiling lovingly down at you.

"That was my first kiss." He said.

"Mine too." You said.

He looked surprised, but then he smiled again and brought you in for a hug.

"Aishiteru, (Y/N)-chan."

You almost started crying. It was the first time he had actually said he loved you. It had always been shown through his actions, but he had never actually said it. You hadn't ever told him that you loved him either, although you did, more than anything, because you didn't want to make him feel like he had to say it. You pulled away just enough to look him in the eyes. All you saw was love. Pure, unadulterated love.

"I love you too, Kiku Honda."

He kissed you, and at that moment, you both knew that there would be no other person in the world for either of you. You were meant to be together. 

Later, after you had fallen asleep next to him on the couch, Kiku only had one thought before he fell asleep.

Of all the presents I have received, (Y/N) is the best.

Yeah, so that was really cheesy, and short, and rushed, but I need to go to bed. I finally made a deadline though! Yay for me! Anyway, goodnight, and I hope you enjoyed this oneshot! 

Romano: Hmph. It would have been better if you didn't break the fourth wall so many times, Narnia.

Me: Shut up! It's funny!

Romano: Whatever.

Me: Anyway, 'night ya'll!

Romano: Ciao