Chapter 10

"Uwaaaaah!~  It's finally the day!!"  A certain ginger was literally bouncing with excitement outside the gates of Karasuno.  It was the day where high school memories would be made of teamwork bonding, pranks on each other, girls-

Wait, girls?!

"Even though it's so early in the morning, the sun's so bright," a girlish voice complained, suddenly intruding Hinata's lofty thoughts.  When he slowly turned around, he was met with...

"Ehh?? The girls' volleyball team?"

"Yo, shota!" Misa spotted the chibi who was obviously perplexed at the sight.  "Why are you still here?"

"Ano...what do you mean still here?"

"Didn't you hear?" Misa tapped her watch.  "The boys' van left an hour ago."

"..."

A whole silent moment passed before it finally absorbed in the shrimp's thick skull.

"EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?!?!?!?!?"

And it just so happened that Kageyama, Tsukishima, and Yamaguchi arrived on cue.  And repeat Hinata's expression on all of their faces.

Meanwhile...

Kaoru pulled her hat a little over her eyes.  The rest of the boys on the van were pretty rowdy, even for this early in the morning, unlike their state arrival on the bus earlier with bags under their eyes and sloth-like movements.  She checked her watch.  10:00 AM.  "Koushi-nii, I think the girls should be leaving now," she glanced over at her cousin who was sitting with Daichi.

Sugawara had a rather smug look on his face, as did all of the other boys.  "Ho ho, well, won't they have fun..." Tanaka grinned a bit, petting the volleyball next to him.

"As long as they get onto the girls' van, they'll make it to the site," Daichi peeked out from under his sleeping eye mask.  "Gives them a little backbone and a little bit of an initiation."

"You're lucky you came with Suga-san though," the baldy patted the shadow's head, much to Sugawara's chagrin.  "You get to sit with us."

Thank goodness, Kaoru couldn't help but think to herself as she sipped her strawberry milk from the milk box.  I didn't really want to deal with those girls anyways...besides Misa, that is.

Koushi glanced over at the small girl sitting next to him and smiled a bit, gently tapping her hand.  "Tired?" he asked.

She shook her head quickly, but Mama Crow was always ever so perceptive.

"Mh, so something else must be on your mind-" Sugawara didn't get to continue his thoughts before Tanaka squeezed his head in between the seats to butt in again.  "Yo, but Kaoru!  Isn't it weird that you're joining us though even though we're all boys?"  He grinned his signature smirk and widened his eyes for effect.  "It can't be...is there a boy you like?!"

The whole van went silent as everybody slowly turned their head to face Kaoru.  Her face was kind of frozen mid-sip.  A silent shadow loomed over Tanaka and swiftly cut him down with a hit to the back of his head.  "That's no question to ask a lady, Tanaka," Ennoshita dragged his fellow wing spiker away to the back.  "Don't mind him, Suga-chan."

"Ahaha- EH?  K-Kaoru?!" Sugawara turned from his nervous laughter to check on his cousin...whose face was on fire.  "Did you take him seriously?!"

Kaoru quickly shook her head, pulling her hat over her face as silvery wisps fell loose from under her cap.  "It's nothing," she said quietly.

Sugawara and Daichi exchanged knowing looks and grinned at each other slyly, peeking over at the chibi blushing.

Who...?