Chapter 7

EVELYN'S POV

"Eddy?" As I saw the man in front of me, my eyes watered. He looked just like mother. The same brown eyes and light brown hair.

"Evelyn" He stated, clearing my doubt. Without a second thought, I dashed up to him, running straight into his embrace. I couldn't avoid the sobs that had escaped me and the water that poured out of my eyes directly on his t-shirt. "Shh, calm down. Let me take you home" he cooed in my ear, calming me down instantly. I nodded and allowed him to guide me and Ashely out of the hybrid pack, where the war was still going on. I still had a lot of questions, but for the time being, I settled with enjoying the simple presence of a person that important to me I didn't know existed in my life until a couple days ago.

We walked for a while in pure silence before arriving a small house in the middle of the forest. It was not very fancy, but it was homey. We entered and Eddy led Ashley to one of the rooms, whilst he led me to another.

I took advantage and took a quick shower, after god knows how long, cleaning my bruises and finally filled my empty stomach with food that my brother had kindly provided for me.

Ashley soon went to sleep, leaving me and Eddy to talk, and clear all my previous doubts.

"Eddy, why didn't I know about you? Where have you been? Who are you?" my brother simply chuckled.

"As you might have discovered, mom and dad were part of the SOWP, an organization of deadly operations. When you were born, I was sent off to train to be a part of the SOWP. That's why you never heard of me and mom and dad didn't tell you. After a couple years of watching people simply torture people and try to transfer those teachings to me, I couldn't take it. So I left, but in doing so, I became rogue. I soon gathered a whole pack and well here I am. The Alpha of a Rogue pack. I always knew that I had a sister, but one day, I heard of our parents death, and I supposed that you were dead too. But I came to realise that you weren't and that you were under grams' custody. I saw your grow into a beautiful woman, getting a job as a pack scientist. And I realised I couldn't take that life away from you, I didn't want to bring you into a Rogue pack to live a Rogue life. I couldn't bring myself to do that." I looked at him and saw nothing but honesty. I hugged him close to me, my happiness taking over me as I didn't let go.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I wish I had met you sooner" He chuckled, breaking apart.

"Me too sis. But I promise you, I will always be here for you. You are my little sister and I will always protect you. No matter what" This made small tears escape my eyes as he enveloped me in yet another hug, calming me down.

Until a few days ago, I thought I had nothing. I had a rejected mate, a dead grandmother, a threat. Nothing else. But I realised there was a lot more in life waiting for me. I would live with my brother. I would start a new life. And I would be happy.

CARTER'S POV

We positioned ourself outside the Rogue pack, ready to attack. I could almost smell the scent of my mate, and I was determined to get her back. My pack alongside Evelyn's original pack had made a deal to rescue my mate together, and commit to a truce of some kind.

'Three' I mindlinked everone, ready to attack.

'Two'

'One'

'Attack!'

We all flew out, yelling and ready to fight. No one dared to kidnap my mate. No one.

Suddenly, Evelyn flew out of a small looking house in the corner and I dahsed over to her and without a second thought, embraced her in my arms. I could feel bruises and cuts cover her, and I growled loudly out of anger. I buried my head in the crook of her neck, taking in her scent to calm me down. But her voice shook me awake.

"Carter! Stop the attack!"

A/N

Sorry for another short chapter, but there it is! Chapter thoughts?? Future predicitions?? Do you think Evelyn will end up with Carter or not??

Picture of Eddy to the side--->

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Neha