Epilogue

Evelyn's POV

8 years later...

"David? Riley? Are you guys packed? You're uncle is waiting outside for you!" I yelled, walking back and forth in my room, trying to pack my clothes in a hurry. Arms wrapped around my waist, comforting me instantly. I closed my eyes, embracing the touch. I would never get used to it, every time he touched me; it always had an effect on me. He was my drug, my healthy drug, and I needed him to survive.

"Why are you so stressed?" he whispered into my ear, his head buried in my neck.

"Because Eddy is waiting for them outside and we need to go" I said, all my stress exiting my system from his mere touch.

"Eddy is a patient man, now calm down." He kissed the mark on my neck, releasing me before packing his own suitcase. I chuckled, walking out of the room towards my son's room. The little 7 year old was observing as his 5 year old sister played with her Barbie dolls. I chuckled, sitting on the floor next to my son.

"What is she doing?" he questioned, making me laugh even more.

"That's how they play sweetheart" I responded, carrying my little 5 year old replica of Carter on my waist.

Both my little babies had inherited their father's eye colour and my hair colour.

"Mommy, where did I come from?" my little girl questioned me as I arrived the front door. Her question seemed to surprise not only me, but Carter, Eddy and Casey too, as they listened from the veranda.

I glanced at them before turning towards my daughter, trying to think of an explanation. It was definitely not a question I was expecting to be asked soon.

"Um... well, sweety...you see...when mommy and daddy love each other, then the moon goddess puts you in mommy's belly and when you are old enough, we bring you out" I briefly explained, making the shocked faces on my family's faces disappear, being replaced with amusement.

Soon, David came running out the door, right into the arms of my brother.

"Uncle Ed!" he exclaimed, high fiving my brother. I chuckled, leaving Riley in Casey's arms after me and Carter kissed her briefly on her temple.

"Alright, be safe and don't trouble you're aunt and uncle much alright?" I warned. They both nodded innocently, and before I knew it, the car was off in the distance, my kids gone with their uncle and aunt.

"The moon goddess put you in my belly huh? Good thinking" Carter commented from behind me, grasping my hand in his as we returned to our bedroom and resumed packing our bags.

"It's the first thing I could think of" I explained, the both of us sharing a laugh before we headed outside.

After our wedding, we had decided to go on a nice and long honeymoon to Santorini. Unfortunately fate had other plans for me as one hour before we left I was rushed into the hospital, my water broken and ready to pop David. The reason why we were packing our bags, ready to go to our honeymoon after eight years of being married.

We sat in the car eagerly, our excitement on front, ready to go.

"You ready for our honeymoon cupcake?" he questioned, making me blush. He had never changed my nickname for him, and it always had a way of brightening my day.

"Always" I replied as he roared the engine out towards the airport.

How I managed to end with a perfect life was still a mystery. I had everything. A mate, a husband, children, a family. Everything. And I was never going to be grateful enough for it.

A/N
Sorry for the late update! But that is it for the first book of the Hard Mate Series!! I hope you all enjoyed it and are interested enough to read the second book of the Hard Mate Series! Thank you all for your motivation and support on my journey here!! Feel free to comment advice or correct any mistakes I might have. I will come back and edit this book as soon as possible! Let me know what you think of my book! Thank you!!

Picture of their kids to the side--->

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Neha