Chapter 6

6.32 PM Aditya: Madhura!

6.33 PM Aditya: It's urgent!

6.34 PM Aditya: Would you mind answering your phone once in a while?

6.35 PM Aditya: Where are you???

6.37 PM: Aditya: I'm going to use your roommate's insanely phrased "Mads" now and try to call you!

6.40 PM Aditya: REPLY!

6.45 PM Madhura: She's gone to the gym dude. What's wrong?

6.45 PM Aditya: I'm assuming it's the ninja turtle on the other side.

6.46 PM Madhura: Now even if I wanted to help you, I wouldn't.

6.46 PM Aditya: Ugh. Come back, Aditi. I'll play nice.

6.47 PM Madhura: Say the magic word.

6.47 PM Madhura: Say it.

6.48 PM Aditya: You little weasel!

6.48 PM Madhura: Those are three very mean words. Gotta go. Buh bye now.

6.48 PM Aditya: Okay fine! Please Aditi.

6.49 PM Madhura: You know...the full stop at the end of a text sounds rather rude. I read about it somewhere on the internet.

6.50 PM Aditya: For the love of God!

Aditi collapsed on the sofa laughing. If only Mads were here to see her bug her brother to bits, things would be even more perfect.

6.51 PM Madhura: What do you want?

6.51 PM Aditya: Do you promise not to laugh?

6.51 PM Madhura: *Sitting up suddenly* Ha! As if!

6.52 PM Aditya: I honestly wouldn't ask but this situation is ridiculous enough already. Can't hurt to add to it.

6.52 PM Madhura: Curioser and curioser...

6.53 PM Aditya: I'm at this girl's house...

6.53 PM Madhura: Ooo saucy!

6.53 PM Aditya: I wish. It's an arranged introduction with eight people sitting on semi-circular sofas eyeing me while I try to drink a weak cup of coffee.

6.54 PM Madhura: LOLOLOLOLOLOL

6.54 PM Aditya: You find that funny? There is more.

6.55 PM Madhura: Pray do tell!

6.56 PM Aditya: None of us know who the girl is.

Aditi set the phone down and laughed until she had tears in her eyes. The phone kept pinging meanwhile.

6.56 PM Aditya: I'm sitting in front of three girls who are almost identically dressed and for some strange reason, they seem to get attacked by fits of giggles every time they look at me.

6.57 PM Madhura: Count me among those girls. This is so funny! If this were up on the internet, people would be laughing up a lung by now.

6.57 PM Madhura: How on earth did this happen? Don't you know the girl's name?

6.58 PM Aditya: I do! All three girls seem to look at me when I call out her name.

6.58 PM Madhura: I begrudgingly have to admit that it seems like you have a fan club.

6.59 PM Aditya: I'd rather have a proper conversation with one girl than have three gawk at me, thank you very much. There are also at least five types of biscuits here.

6.59 PM Madhura: Oooo any Oreos?

6.59 PM Aditya: No. Now quit focusing on baked goods and call me immediately. Pretend it's a work emergency and get me out of here.

Aditi laughingly hit dial and Adi picked up on the first ring. He said gratefully, "Hey!"

Aditi laughed for another two minutes in his ear before she said, "What on earth have you gotten yourself into?"

She could hear a smile in his voice as he said, "A problem you say? Could you speak a little louder please? I'm sorry guys, I just need to take this outside. No no aunty! Thank you. No really. I had three biscuits already. Uh...okay...thanks..."

She giggled and said, "You're not supposed to smile when you say you have a problem."

He asked lightly, "How do you know I'm smiling?"

She stopped short as she realized she had noted his behavior out loud and kept quiet for a beat. Then she shot back, "You owe me, you know that right?"

She heard his smile again as he said, "I'll pay you back, don't you worry."

Author's Note: Happy Wednesday guys! Also, did you catch the latest Me Before You trailer? Isn't it all kinds of gorgeous? I can't wait to watch it! I've also been binge-listening to the Photograph by Ed Sheeran. What a song, right? :) Anyway, you know the drill...vote/comment your thoughts and I'll know. Many thanks! - S