Chapter 20

He gave another one of those smiles that Adi came to recognize as his best feature. And she'd only known the man for about five seconds. She said, "Shall we get going?"

Vikramaditya gestured towards the store and said, "In a moment. I was just trying to call my...Ah there she is."

Aditi turned around and saw a girl walk towards them with a small brown bag and a much bigger paper bag in her hands. She had lovely, thick dark hair that framed her face beautifully. She was dressed in a shiny top and fitting jeans. When she came close, she stuck out a hand at Aditi and said, "Hey! You must be Madhura's flatmate. Aditi, right?"

Aditi smiled at the pretty girl in front of her and nodded as she shook her hand to say, "Yes. I'm so sorry. I don't know your name."

She dimpled and replied, "Kajal. I work in Madhura's team. Shall we get going then?"

Aditi nodded and led the way. Kajal asked, "I hope you like cupcakes."

Aditi eyed the other bag in Kajal's hands and laughingly nodded to say, "If you find a person who doesn't, I'll willingly abstain from eating those cupcakes."

Kajal straightfacedly pointed at Vikramaditya and replied, "He doesn't."

Adi looked at him in shock and looked sadly at the box. She then looked at him again and saw an impish grin form on his face as he said, "Don't mind her, Aditi. She only jokes about cupcakes and me."

Kajal laughed and replied, "Not true. I joke about you in relation to many other things."

Vikramaditya shook his head in great amusement and silently walked ahead. Just then, Aditi's phone started ringing. She said, "Excuse me, I just have to take this." They gestured for her to go ahead. She hit receive, walked a little further ahead and spoke in a low voice, "Um hey! You didn't tell me about..."

Mads gleefully completed her sentence, "About Vikramaditya being hot? Yeah...I thought you'd catch on soon enough."

Adi laughed and said, "It's kind of hard to miss."

"He's with Kajal. They've been together for over a year."

Aditi turned around and saw them from a short distance. She smiled and said, "Yeah I know."

Mads questioned, "How? They're so guarded about everything. I bet they didn't tell you."

Aditi watched as Kajal sat down to tie her undone shoelace. Moments later, Vikramaditya sat next to her as well and took the bags from her hands. He stayed there, continuing to talk to her until she finished tying the lace and then got to his feet. Aditi stood there, captivated at the sight of the couple in front of her as Vikramaditya held out his hand to Kajal with a smile on his face. A special smile that seemed to show up only in her presence. Kajal slipped her hand into his and raised herself up. They walked towards Aditi, hands still intertwined.

Aditi replied to Mads as simply as she could by saying, "It shows."

Author's Note: :)

Yeah one more chapter coming. It's a chapterheavy day, guys! :) - S