Chapter 16

Loud cheers.

That is the first thing she registered that surreal night. She couldn't believe her eyes or her ears. Adi had brought her to the one place she had actually always wanted to go but never been to.

Wankhede Stadium.

As she saw the green pitch in front of her with thousands of screaming fans all around her, she had to tear her eyes away from all the madness and look up at him. He didn't have any trouble digesting the scenery. He seemed quite content in watching her happily take in every single detail and committing it to memory. She smiled at him, trying to find the right words to describe how she was feeling.

"How...what...I mean why?" She stuttered still overwhelmed by it all.

He smiled and replied, "I owed you, remember?"

She frowned and then remembered what he was talking about. The phone call to pull him out of the giggling girl's house. She shook her head and said, "This for a lousy phone call? I'm definitely calling you more often."

He let out a deep laugh and said, "I'll hold you to that. Would you sit down now, Turtle? You're blocking the view for the people behind you."

She nodded and hurriedly sat down next to him. She said, "There's only one thing missing, you know?"

He shot her a questioning look and asked, "What's that?"

She grinned mischievously and said, "Your food."

He shook his head in amusement and said, "I've spoiled you for life, haven't I?"

She focused her gaze back on the pitch as the players came out and the crowds went crazy cheering around them.

The next 3 hours were almost the highlight of her year.

Almost.

Author'sNote: Shortchapter because more coming up. He he he once again. - S