7th | Aloe & Marigold

The Apache Relay's Katie Queen of Tennessee was my jam. This stanza was my particular favourite.

"...If only she would notice me.
What can I do to make her see?
I would swim the ocean wide
From New Orleans to Galilee..."

I always had this song on the playlist whenever I was on my errand. However, having this on replay during my trip to Damian's apartment was not the greatest idea.

You see, my brain could be extremely expressive. Apart from powering up my body, the hemispheres of my think tank tend to present their thoughts (often contradicting) when I valued them the least. In the case of being simulated by a love song, it could be problematic. By the time I realized this, however, the song had already made contact with my brain twice.

If only Damian would notice you, Ally. The left side of my brain nudged me.

Its right equivalent made an attempt to stop it. Your input is not helping her.

It backfired. Oh, when has yours ever been considered?

Stop it! I drew their attention. Take your arguments elsewhere.

Where? They both questioned.

Anywhere but my mind. I crossed my arms.

Then there's technically nowhere we can go.

I sighed. Just shush, okay?

It was a miracle that I had not been admitted into a mental asylum for interacting with my brain like that. Perhaps I should become the female equivalent of Deadpool.

 Perhaps I should become the female equivalent of Deadpool

Nah.

Now that I had silenced my mind, I noticed faint noises down an alleyway from the junction I was at. Since kindergarten, I had been instilled with vigilance towards shady street corners. But curiosity got the best of me. I got off my truck and followed the path. As I made careful steps over the water puddles on the ground, the noises became more distinct. Fear took over me when I heard cries of agony.

I was approaching a crime scene.

Before I could make my way back, I had already made it into a small opening. Over there against the graffiti wall laid a clearly wounded man, with three guys hunched over him. At the far end of the wall was a savaged bag of groceries. It seemed as though an explosion had been set off from within the bag, spilling its contents everywhere.