Chapter 3 : Darkness

"Lights will guide you home and ignite your-"

"Okay so something happened." Jen comes out of nowhere as I was cleaning the kitchen slab.

"Did any customers hit on you?" I asked as this is the thing that happens the most to Jen. She looks amazing which makes most of the guys to show some interest on her. She used to love these comments earlier but after meeting Niall everything has changed. She isn't that annoying as she used to be. Thank god for making her sensible now, she doesn't give a crap about any guy other than Niall which I think is cute.

Sometimes I see her smiling while looking at nothing and when I ask her what she's thinking she blushes and I get my answer. They spend most of their nights together but not all the nights include action, she told me that she wants to have something serious with him and this isn't just a fling.

"Not that. I don't care about that now. Something else happened at Niall's house." She said.

I haven't met Niall since the last time we went to see the movie last week and it seems more than a week to be honest because I've been hearing about him nonstop.

"What happened?"

"So, I was leaving his house in the morning when his friends came." I stop the movement of my hand as soon as I heard the word 'friends'. Friends include Harry. Right?

I haven't seen him either, he's the one who told me to be careful that night and I haven't seen him. There was a part of me that wished that he come here too but I'm being delusional. I don't even know him, the main reason why I give importance to him is because he seems different and I feel different around him. That's all.

"Continue."

"So, his friends came and they looked very worried about something and then I left them alone because it seemed important. Niall came after a few minutes and told me that he couldn't drop me today and we left his house but just as I finished locking the door and turn around, they were gone. I mean, vanished. They were nowhere in sight, they were just with me. How can they be that fast? Or I think I have a problem in my eyes which is close to impossible."

"They must have driven away or something."

"They were with me, I mean I was holding Niall's hand a second ago."

"That is not okay." I raise my eyebrow.

I remember something like that happened with me as well but is it normal? Maybe they ran but it can't be that soundless while running. Strange things happen here.

Mr. Hughes enters the room then cutting our conversation and we head to our work. It was normal just like everyday but this time Niall is on my mind. What could be the possible reason for this?

The crowd is increasing every minute and maybe it's because of the weekend. It's the most tiring times and makes me want to kill myself but the plus point about this is the great amount of tips that I get which is possibly the only reason I survive.

I haven't seen Jen all day, she's too busy in different things but I know that she's still thinking about today. To make things worse, Mr. Hughes is not in a good mood now. He wouldn't even let anyone talk just for a second, he wants us to work our asses off and make money.

Finally, just like always I finished everything by 11:45pm. I start searching for Jen as I tighten my pony tail but couldn't see her anywhere. Maybe she left early, it seems legit keeping in mind about the work that we had today. So, I take my jacket and head out form the restaurant.