Chapter 7 : Chris

"Hello?"

"Hey, Jen. Are you sleeping?" I asked a stupid question.

"It's 1am. Of course I was sleeping."

Okay, I think this is a bad idea.

"I want to ask you something."

"Can it wait? I'm really sleepy." She said.

"Yeah, sure. Okay,goodnight. Sorry." I rambled and hang up the phone.

I shouldn't have called her. Maybe, if I could have a little bit of patience, then things won't be this way.

I lay down on my bed, my eyes open and there's no chance I can sleep tonight. Suddenly my phone vibrates and my caller id shows Jen's name.

"Hey Jen."

"Ask fast. I can't sleep until you ask me that question."

"Okay." I chuckle. " Do you think there's something weird in Mrs. Bond's house. I mean, have you ever seen anything unexpected?"

"Umm. No. As I said, her house has always been quite. She was a nice lady."

"Any supernatural?" I asked.

"You're the second person to ask me this today."

"What? Who was the first one?" I asked.

"My cousin, Chris."

I've never heard about him but if he's asking this, there just be something in his mind too.

"Your cousin. Interesting."

"Okay, if you want I can tell him to you meet you. Now let me sleep, good night."

"Goodnight, Thank you." And she hung up the phone.

Maybe, things can get better. So, this made me realize two things that number one, I'm not the only crazy person here and two, maybe we can figure things out now.

=--

"French fried for you." I gave it to a couple who haven't said anything to each other since they came. The woman has this sour, pissed off expression on her face and man looks really weak and tired. What a couple!

The man did something unintentionally to her and it's hard to make up things for him.

"Cheese sandwiches for you." I gave to a little boy who is here with his grandfather. The way his grandfather is looking at him, it seems like they've met after a long time. The little boy smiles and thank me for this.

"It's tomorrow." Niall came out of nowhere.

"What?" I'm caught off guard by his sudden presence.

"Jen's birthday." He said.

"Oh yeah."

"So, thank the lord that tomorrow is Sunday. So, you do not have work. The plan is-"

"I'm in a middle of something, Niall. And look at Mr. Hughes, he's staring at us." He looks at him, at Mr. Hughes powerful stare and nods.

"Later. I'll wait here and we'll talk when your shift ends."

"That's when Jen's shift ends too." I remind him.

"I know but just come fast we'll talk when she's busy. We'll manage." He sits on his usual place.

"Just order something." I tell him.

"Orange juice, please." He smiles.

--_--

"I'll go to her house at 12, wish her and tell her I have to leave for some work. Then, you'll take her shopping in the evening and not let her come till 7pm, and when she'll open the door of her apartment, BOM! It's a surprise party! That's all-"

"Taylor?"

I turn around to see man, standing there.

"Hi, I'm Chris." He smiles.

And that's the best smile I've ever seen

"Hi, Chris." I think I look like a lunatic, goggling him.

"Jen told me about you."

"Oh yeah, she told me that too. We have to- Just give me a minute."

"yeah, sure. I have to look for Jen." I smile.

He turns around and probably call Jen.

"Who is he?" Niall asked.

"He's Jen's cousin." I told him.

"What is he doing here?"

"Chris and I have to-" I stop.

Keeping things away from everyone is best at the moment.

"We have some things to talk. Personal things." I said. That should give him a red sign and let him know that I don't want to talk about him.

"Oh. Okay. So, you get the plan?" He ask.

"yes."

"Good. I'm going. Jen shouldn't know about me coming here."

"Alright."

I turn around and see Chris there standing with his hands on his pocket. He looks cute, I wonder why I've never seen him here.

"Hi Chris." Okay, how we start now?

Are things going to be this awkward between us?

"Jen told me that you are into this Mrs. Bond case?" I asked, getting straight to the point.

"Yes. I've been after such murders for a little while." He said and sits down.

"Such murders? There have been more like these?" I asked, while sitting beside him.

"Yes. I can show you."

"I've never seen you around." I said.

"I'm here on a vacation. My parents thought I needed some time out but this case really intrigues me."

"I feel the same way." I said.

"Hello crazy people." Jen comes and looks at both of us, so indulge in this topic.

"You both are made for each other," She remarks. "It's late now. Don't you think we should leave?"

"Yeah, it's late. We'll talk later about this?"

Chris nods. "We'll talk later about this."

There's one thing clear in this, there's something definitely wrong about everything here and I'm going to figure it out, sorry we are going to figure it out.

___________-

A/N

Chris is played by Grant Gustin. Damn, he's so cute. (I'm a flash fan)