5: Fragile Or No Princess

For the LOVELY banner to the side!!! XD

Chapter 5: Fragile Or No Princess?  

            I clenched my teeth and slid them against each other like nails down a chalkboard. “Ten,” I growled, glaring at Marshall who stood in front of me looking just a little too cocky for my taste. If I didn’t need him, his nose would be half way mashed inside his brain right now, but reality had a weird way of screwing around with me.

            He shook his head, casually letting the corner of his lips reveal that he was enjoying this newfound power over me. “Twenty. I won’t do it for any less.”

            “Fine, fifteen then!”

            “Twenty-five.”

            “You’re just going up!”

            He shrugged. “That’s why you should have just said yes to twenty.”

            I scoffed before crossing my arms and trying to look down at him even though he was at least a head taller than me. I hated that he was an idiot, but even more, an idiot who knew how to count his money. “This is highway robbery,” I grumbled. “How much do you expect me to pay you to seduce me? You’re asking to be paid by the hour here!”

            “I want it in cash too,” he added. “So I don’t have to report it in my taxes.”

            “I don’t care about your goddamn taxes!”

            Marshall’s broad shoulders raised and fell in a nonchalant motion. “Whatever. It’s not like this was my idea. Twenty bucks an hour – that’s the minimal I’ll do it for. The rest is your choice.”

            The school bell echoed in the background ushering me to make up my mind before it made the decision for me. “Fine,” I said. “Twenty bucks an hour, but keep in mind that if I’m going to be paying that much, you’re going to be at my beck and call. You’ll show up whenever I want you to show up.”

            “Deal. Also, there’s a onetime payment of fifty bucks.” He smirked. “Start up fee.”

            I glared at him and he quickly shifted on his legs nervously.

            “Um... Administration fee?” He gave me a killer smile.

            I raised my fist.

            “Um... how about a safety deposit then?” He must have sensed my killing intent then, because his eyes widened suddenly and he waved his palms around as if he hadn’t meant anything he said just now. “Kidding,” he laughed. “Just kidding.” But something tells me five years from now, this guy would be married to a cougar with a ton of money in her bank account. “Here, give me your phone.”

            Sighing, I slipped my hand into the pocket of my shorts and pulled out my phone before passing it to him. He quickly typed in a few things before lifting it in the air and making a toothy grin while holding up a victory sign with his free hand. A flash went off and he typed in a couple more things before passing the device back to me. “Text me later so I get your number too.”

            I nodded and finally gave him back his pants seeing that we were going to be late for last period if we didn’t hurry. I wanted to throw them up a tree instead, but I bit my lip and held back. He did agree to help me in the end after all, even though he’s been nothing but a douche about it. “We need to meet this weekend,” I added. “You only have about a month to seduce me and I think you’ll need all the time you can get.”