24: Worthwhile Or A Complete Rip-off

Sorrys for the long wait lovelies so extra long chappie for you! Hope you like it! Or not... Lol. Also, special thanks to the lovely lady above for the absolutely beautiful trailer she made! I definitely see Tyler like the character in the trailer! <3 Love you all~

Chapter 24: Worthwhile Or A Complete Rip-off?

            I ended up picking out a light caramel coloured bear with a broken heart stitched onto the left side of its chest. It was a furry little thing, but it felt a bit low in quality for the price it read on the tag. Marshall was quite excited about the process though, probably more so than all the kids in the shop, so I let him drag me to the stuffing section after I picked out the bear and watched him gleefully stuff the toy for me.

            Okay… So he did a really bad job. Not that I didn’t expect it. Okay, so that was a bit of a lie. I expected more than that, but he was so oblivious to it when he finished patching up the bear that I didn’t even know what to say to him. For one, I didn’t know if there was too much stuffing in the bear… or too little. The bear’s belly was bloated to the point where it looked pregnant, but the arms and legs were limp things that had barely any support at all. I was sure you were supposed to stuff it a bit and check to see if the plushness was right before continuing, but Marshall had never been the brightest tool in the shed, had he?

            But he was soooo proud! He was smiling so hard and looking so proud as he shoved the bear into my arms and tilted his chin up high. “No need to thank me,” he said.

            I just stared at him. Really Marshall… I wasn’t planning to. Seriously.

            Shaking my head, I moved toward the cashier to pay when Marshall pulled me to another section of the store. Build-a-Bear Palace had a bunch of clothes and accessories for the stuff animals in a long aisle; they were tiny pieces of clothing snitched together being sold at prices comparable to normal human clothes. I can’t fathom how anyone can get tricked into buying them especially since it wasn’t like the toys needed clothes, but need I seriously make another point about how Marshall runs on another brain wave?

            He spent at least fifteen minutes going through all their stuff, putting various items on the bear to check it out before finally settling on a red basketball jersey and white, star-framed sunglasses. Each piece was worth ten bucks and with the tax and everything included when we rang it up at the till, the total came to about fifty dollars – a whole smoking lot for something I didn’t even want in the first place. Regardless, I still slipped my fingers into my bra and took out my debit card, but Marshall was quicker, and passed the cashier three twenty-dollar bills before I had the proper chance to pay.

            I couldn’t help but glance at his wallet while he was waiting for his change, and narrowed my eyes when I saw how much money he had inside. During the last decade, our society had changed to the point where it was normal for people not to have a single paper bill inside their wallets, but Marshall had plenty. There must have been at least a bazillion twenty-dollar bills in there, though I could have highly exaggerated the amount.

            Marshall on the other hand took a high interest in my boobs. “Is that… where you keep your money?” He asked, cocking one eyebrow at me playfully.