10: To Kiss Or Not To Kiss

For the ultra stylish banners!!! <3

Chapter 10: To Kiss Or Not To Kiss?

            If I didn’t know better, it sounded like, ‘come Marshall, let me behead you at the guillotine next’ though of course, Marshall seemed completely unaware of the undertone in my dad’s voice. His expression showed confusion before his eyes lit up and he eagerly followed my dad’s lead. “Cool,” he said. “Guns!”

            Sometimes I’m not sure if he’s faking it. There’re times when maturity hits him and some good stuff actually comes out of his mouth, and then there’re times I get the overwhelming urge to slap him across the face until one, he smartens up or two, he ends up in the hospital.

            Right now was one of those times, but I refrained from submitting to my cravings and stepped in before my dad led him downstairs to a secret chamber of torture. Marshall did help me out today – whether I asked for it or not – and I always paid back in full. I hate owing people things. 

            “We’re not in that kind of relationship dad.” I stepped out into the open and lifted an eyebrow at the both of them. “It’s strictly platonic.”

            “That’s what you think,” my dad argued. “But that’s not what boys think! Don’t they teach you math at school anymore? Boy plus girl equals sex!”

            “Oh I didn’t know!” I grumbled, rolling my eyes. “Is that what happened with you and Principal Hoskins?!”

            “Whoa! What?!” Marshall quickly interrupted, his gaze shifting from me to my dad. “Principal Hoskins?! Damn Mr. Jones. You’ve still got it going on!”

            My dad threw him a glare before turning back to me. “I just want to warn you beforehand so you don’t end up getting pregnant.”

            “How ironic,” I muttered. “I don’t think you’re in any situation to give out advice on how not to get pregnant right now.”

            My dad glared at me before biting his lower lip and giving me a pout. “Daughters!” He screamed before storming out. “What good are daughters!”

            “I think you’ve pissed him off,” Marshall murmured a moment after he left. 

            I tossed him the spare change of clothes. “He’ll get over it.”

            On Tuesday morning, I left for school a bit earlier than I would have normally. My dad was determined to keep me at home for the rest of my life or to ship me off to another school, but I wasn’t someone that ran away at the first sight of an obstacle and more than anything, I felt the absolute need to go to school today – to show them that I was still standing, that I was okay.

            I got the first text message from Todd right after I hopped on the city bus that went near my house.

          Todd: Where are you?! You can’t go to school today!

          Camila: Why not?

          Todd: Just where are you?!

            I sighed, frustrated at how unreasonable Todd was being so early in the morning before texting him back.

          Camila: Bus.